Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

I see a lot of people not liking the sunroof option

I like having a sunroof, but this thread has me thinking about height issues in the back. I'm 5'10" and fit in the back of a 4BW without a sunroof. My kids might eventually have issues with a sunroof. My son will probably be taller than me in a couple of years.

I ended up with the sunroof and love it. I'm 5'10" on a good day but my kids are 6 and 6'-1". I didn't buy the car for them, they can deal with the back occasionally for short trips.

I ended up with the sunroof and love it. I'm 5'10" on a good day but my kids are 6 and 6'-1". I didn't buy the car for them, they can deal with the back occasionally for short trips.
Sorry to change topics. Do your kids fit fine in the back for short trips? I've debating if the 4BW has a big enough back seat.

My boys are 6' and 5'6 with the 6 footer having longer legs. He definitely doesn't love it back there and if you think they would be in the back consistently for short trips, you might get some grumbling. If it's once/twice a month, I think your kids would be fine. My shorter son doesn't have any complaints back there. Leg room is at premium.

Sorry to change topics. Do your kids fit fine in the back for short trips? I've debating if the 4BW has a big enough back seat.
One is away at school so he won't ride in the back and the other is going away to school this fall. the taller one was in the back for a 25 minute journey and tolerated it.

Is it due to weight, structural rigidity, noise, or personal preference? I have always opted for one in other cars but y'all are making me reconsider. :)
I had A LOT of issues with the V2 and V3 sunroofs, so passed on the BW.

I don't miss it one bit.

Plus, more headroom.

Last edited:
I went to test drive a 6MT 4BW yesterday. It had a sunroof in it. It definitely takes a lot of headroom out of the rear (fine in the drivers seat). I could barely fit my head in.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back