Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

TUXMAT back in stock

These mats are awesome and are holding up well.....Easy to clean and are not slippery when wet....

Jon begs to differ...
rifat-nupur.gif

These mats are awesome and are holding up well.....Easy to clean and are not slippery when wet....
Did you get these for your 5BW too?

Now that you've had a couple more months, are these still a good option? would you consider putting these in your 5BW or do you use a different option there?

Now that you've had a couple more months, are these still a good option? would you consider putting these in your 5BW or do you use a different option there?
I still love these mats! I would put them in my 5BW if I felt I had a need for them but as little as she is driven I use OEM mats.

My 4BW is dirty and I plan to wash her Saturday morning, but here is what my mats looked like before and after a quick vac and wipe down this morning....

Attachments

• IMG_6294.jpg
    IMG_6294.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 105
  • IMG_6295.jpg
    IMG_6295.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 103
I still love these mats! I would put them in my 5BW if I felt I had a need for them but as little as she is driven I use OEM mats.

My 4BW is dirty and I plan to wash her Saturday morning, but here is what my mats looked like before and after a quick vac and wipe down this morning....
I have the tux mats for my 5BW and I daily it. I'm not going back to weather techs, these mats are really that good. Easy to clean, soft as carpet and have a nice look to them. Fit and finish is very good.

Does it pl

Does it play well with the third pedal?
Yes. They are a little bit thicker obviously but I don't have any issues even with a size 10 boot.

I should also point out I have a 2-year-old and a 3 year old and these mats take a beating and they still look great. I've had them for about 3k mi and about 5 months.

Weather techs are really great too but in the back they only offered moderate protection. The Tux Mat goes over the hump and covers 98% of the carpet. Only part not covered is under the seat but there's all kinds of electronics there so no mat will protect like this.
20230112_084823.jpg

20230112_084253.jpg
20230112_084305.jpg

I've seen these in other cars. I understand why some people like them, they look very well made and well tailored to the car. But don't you find that they are pain in the ass to remove and shake off & clean? I like mats that I can quickly remove and shake out. Just my opinion.

Definitely not fun to remove, nor designed to be easily removed. It's half a dozen of the other to me.
I've seen these in other cars. I understand why some people like them, they look very well made and well tailored to the car. But don't you find that they are pain in the ass to remove and shake off & clean? I like mats that I can quickly remove and shake out. Just my opinion.

The only downside to these mats, besides not being able to easily remove them is that they may not hold as much liquid as a traditional winter mat with fins, grooves and valleys.

They offer more protection then most other mats as the sides come up pretty high on the tux mats.

As far as cleaning any regular mat, I eventually have to pull them out and vacuum them as debris gets caught underneath. With the Tux mat that cannot happen, so I vacuum them in the car.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom