Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Thinking about doing something a bit off the wall.... maybe a bit crazy. Thoughts.

Cadillac CT4-V model

XTRMLN

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
224BW
After getting my 4v blackwing (used) with like 3400 miles on it the first thing I did was get paint correction and a ceramic coat. Only to be bent sideways when on my first drive after getting it I got a bit of debri kicked at me on the freeway and got a couple of paint chips on my hood. They are not huge but hugely annoying. Then due to my own fault I got some slight scrapes on my bumper from my garage door. I use a tire stopper I been using forever but I never bolted it down. Apparently after I parked after a spirited drive the tire stop stuck to my tires on the next drive out and moved a bit to where when I returned and parked, the car was more foward than normal. Again nothing big but I notice it. So I'm not big into PPF but I found Dip Your Car after looking for a way to get my winter wheels a different color and now am contemplating the below chrome finish. I like that it's not permanent and cost wise it's cheap compared to full PPF. For what it was quoted I could change it up year to year. I'm going to get the paint fixed 100% and am looking for a way to protect it. What you guys think? Too crazy? I can't decide if it's too spicy or not. I sort of like how these cars are sort of sleepers, no one would miss this look going down the road though. Anyone have any experience with the dip your car products? I'll have it profesionally installed as from what I have seen application makes all the difference.
Chrome.JPEG

Last edited:
Besides becoming “that f’n guy” when the glare rips through the eyes of other drivers on the road… it’s not terrible. However, there’s so many amazing color variations for wraps these days. Straight chrome just seems plain and dated.

I love chrome............. :)

I am curious about the cost though. I see wrapped vehicles in all sorts of colors and it seems like a cool way to change things up.

This is a dip your car spray on product that is removable. I was quoted $1,800.00 full prep and all product.

Sounds reasonable. I've been stunned by what people are paying for PPF.

Anxious to hear or see actual results of removing the "removable" spray on product.

From my research it’s pretty easy provided it is applied properly. This is why I’m not going to dyi it. Dyi the product and all equipment would only be around 800 bucks. Also it comes off easier if you remove within 12-24 months. Apparently after that depending on sun exposure it can get thin and come off in small pieces.
Here’s a link to a vid of it being removed.

Reactions: CBH
A chrome car is so completely outside anything I would ever do, ever. I often use "would I pull up to a serious work meeting in this" as a counter balance and chrome fails that test, haha. But, I don't like to solicit attention and flash is not my demeanor.

I completely agree with @Sully there are so many possible colors, why choose something dated.

Yup I think I have moved away from chrome. I don’t have to worry about any sort of meeting type thing. The BW is strictly my for fun car. Mainly only take it out when it’s nice for a run through twisties or to check out car shows. But I think I’m going to go for a more subtle color that better suits me.
I’m looking this purple to black.

This is a dip your car spray on product that is removable. I was quoted $1,800.00 full prep and all product.
Hey man if thats true i would do it. Dipping a car correctly is a lot like painting it, bumper and doors off, everything taped, $1800 would not even cover prep work anywhere i was quoted on other cars.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom