Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Squeaking and stumbling from idle (2024 4BW)

Cadillac CT4-V model
And it is possible the noise comes back (defective parts fail, especially if there is a design issue), but I am fairly certain the turbo was the culprit in my case (upstream cause notwithstanding).

My noise has not come back either, but, a very mechanical rattle is still present. Idk if its normal but...I'll try and take a video

My noise has not come back either, but, a very mechanical rattle is still present. Idk if its normal but...I'll try and take a video
Wastegate rattle? Mine developed a bit of an off 'turbo-like' noise that I think is tied to the simulated noise that's piped in for the louder settings, because when I turn the engine noise setting down it goes away.

I'm one of the lucky ones to have this too, 600 miles. Any updates? Sounds like one of the turbos? To me it sounds like a belt, I am going to do some investigating this weekend.

I would say it's either the throttle body or the turbos. For whatever reason, this seems to have creep up early on a lot of these 24s. I wonder if there was a manufacturing defect on the turbos.

I may wind up waiting until they can release a TSB or a recall? If its just the actuator, is it really more of a nuisance in the squeak or is there any real concern for damage?

For me, I was told it was the turbo itself. I was also told it was just a nuisance noise, but it was annoying enough in stop and go traffic that I was eager to have it fixed on my new car.

Given we have had enough reports of it, I would suggest that GM now knows about and should be able to deal with the matter faster than it took for me.

I encountered a similar issue, which was resolved since the dealership replaced the driver's side turbo. I anticipate that a TSB will be issued for this matter in due course since multiple people have this same problem.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom