Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Squeaking and stumbling from idle (2024 4BW)

Cadillac CT4-V model

SML604

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2024 CT4-V Blackwing
Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've searched around this community already, but I haven't found someone else with the exact same issues (though the OP in this thread has the same noise). This being said, I apologize in advance if any of what follows is a rehash of others' experiences, but here's my story:

I recently took delivery of a 6-speed 4BW after waiting almost 2 years; however, in the month I've owned it, that car has already been in the shop twice. The car currently sits with ~1400 kms on it. It has been broken in as advised, using 91-94 octane used exclusively from major stations.

The first time the car went back to the dealer, it was 24 hours after I picked it up; I put 30 kms on the car and parked it; I came out to look at it and immediately noticed that a puddle had formed under the car. After sending it back to the dealer (and them taking a few days to find the leak), it was determined a turbo cooling line were leaking. This brings us to the latest issue....

Recently, I was driving the car when I felt a bit stumble while cruising on the highway. At the time, I noticed it, but with no warning light or message popping, I didn't think much of it. About 20 mins later, I pulled into my garage and I noticed a new squeak as I pulled in, popping up every time I hit the accelerator from idle. I heard it again, upon shutting off the car. Hoping it might just be a one-time thing, I drove the car a bit more to see if the issue would resolve itself - unfortunately, it didn't As a result, I made an appointment to take the car in. The dealer brought the foreman out to examine the complaint; it was agreed that there was indeed an issue and the car was booked in for further examination.

In trying to document the issue for the dealer, I took a video of the noise: https://youtu.be/RiYrrrMJTXA.
The squeak on revs (and on shutdown) is clearly audible; the stumble in revs is also notable at the 31 second mark.

This all brings us to the present day. The car is in the shop being gone over, with a confirmation that the low rev stumble is a misfire. The dealer has been swapping out plugs, but that hasn't fully resolved the issue. GM has also apparently told the techs that some amount of stumble at idle is "normal". This strikes me as odd.

Secondly, I've been told that GM has said that they have no record of "squeak" of the type that I'm reporting, so no one is sure what's going on. Again, this seems odd to me. After 2 model years and thousands of cars, I'm surprised I've encountered something entirely new, but I guess it's possible.

In any case, my dealer is continuing to dig in and has told me that they are looking to compare my car against another 4BW. Given that both the stumble and noise started recently, I'm fairly certain they'll find something is off with my car, but that's still TBD.

I'll post updates as I get them, but if anyone has any insights, I'd love to hear them.

I have the same sound....

Misery loves company....and it's nice to know that you aren't alone in hearing things!

My new throttle body is on order. I'll let you know if that fixes it; the dealership says it will.

Should know in a week or so.

Just called to make an appointment and was told since I didn't buy the car through them, I wouldn't be able to get a loaner.

Dealership experience is as bad as people chock it up to it seems lol.

It was my understanding that any new Cadillac should give you access to a loaner, but this doesn't surprise me either.

I bought my car out of state. My local dealer has given me a loaner both times I've had it in for service.
I'm feeling fortunate now hearing others' experience.

Update on my squeak, they are telling me a turbo needs to be replaced. I have 2400 miles. Obviously not thrilled, but this is what warranties are for :)

I've heard of other cases where this was the diagnosis, but it didn't fix the noise. The turbos also aren't spinning at idle, so that seems odd to me.

But maybe it's indeed the case. I am getting my new throttle body soon, so I'll let you know how I fare.

Update: I'm told the throttle body helped, but that the noise still exists and they're going to order a left turbo.
I've been assured the car is good for me to take on a weekend trip, but to have to take the car in now 4 times in less than 2000 kms / 1300 mi is pretty disheartening, especially when you wait 2 years and pay $80,000+ CAD.

Last edited:
Same story with me, I found out they replaced the throttle body and when that didn't work, thats when they told me the turbo. Same boat lol

An update:

Both obeykube and I have had turbos (mine was on the left) replaced, and it seems - at least in the short-term - the noise is gone. I've literally just picked my car up, but as of now, it seems to be corrected.

So, if anyone is running into this, the root cause is likely a turbo issue.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've searched around this community already, but I haven't found someone else with the exact same issues (though the OP in this thread has the same noise). This being said, I apologize in advance if any of what follows is a rehash of others' experiences, but here's my story:

I recently took delivery of a 6-speed 4BW after waiting almost 2 years; however, in the month I've owned it, that car has already been in the shop twice. The car currently sits with ~1400 kms on it. It has been broken in as advised, using 91-94 octane used exclusively from major stations.

The first time the car went back to the dealer, it was 24 hours after I picked it up; I put 30 kms on the car and parked it; I came out to look at it and immediately noticed that a puddle had formed under the car. After sending it back to the dealer (and them taking a few days to find the leak), it was determined a turbo cooling line were leaking. This brings us to the latest issue....

Recently, I was driving the car when I felt a bit stumble while cruising on the highway. At the time, I noticed it, but with no warning light or message popping, I didn't think much of it. About 20 mins later, I pulled into my garage and I noticed a new squeak as I pulled in, popping up every time I hit the accelerator from idle. I heard it again, upon shutting off the car. Hoping it might just be a one-time thing, I drove the car a bit more to see if the issue would resolve itself - unfortunately, it didn't As a result, I made an appointment to take the car in. The dealer brought the foreman out to examine the complaint; it was agreed that there was indeed an issue and the car was booked in for further examination.

In trying to document the issue for the dealer, I took a video of the noise: https://youtu.be/RiYrrrMJTXA.
The squeak on revs (and on shutdown) is clearly audible; the stumble in revs is also notable at the 31 second mark.

This all brings us to the present day. The car is in the shop being gone over, with a confirmation that the low rev stumble is a misfire. The dealer has been swapping out plugs, but that hasn't fully resolved the issue. GM has also apparently told the techs that some amount of stumble at idle is "normal". This strikes me as odd.

Secondly, I've been told that GM has said that they have no record of "squeak" of the type that I'm reporting, so no one is sure what's going on. Again, this seems odd to me. After 2 model years and thousands of cars, I'm surprised I've encountered something entirely new, but I guess it's possible.

In any case, my dealer is continuing to dig in and has told me that they are looking to compare my car against another 4BW. Given that both the stumble and noise started recently, I'm fairly certain they'll find something is off with my car, but that's still TBD.

I'll post updates as I get them, but if anyone has any insights, I'd love to hear them.
It’s the throttle body. Went with a Soler TB and the sound went away

The dealer replaced both, but the throttle body alone did not fix the noise for me.

The dealer replaced both, but the throttle body alone did not fix the noise for me.
I can confirm, they replaced my throttle body first and the noise was still there. Mine was also the left turbo and it went away.

I have the same issue with my brand new 2024 CT4 BW. I will be taking it to the dealer this week to get it checked.

I just replied in another thread that I found and this was suggested in the similar thread box. Has anyone's noise come back? Mine goes away when unplugging the vac line from the passenger side turbo. I've read on the FB groups of several people have turbos replaced on for the noise to return.

I just replied in another thread that I found and this was suggested in the similar thread box. Has anyone's noise come back? Mine goes away when unplugging the vac line from the passenger side turbo. I've read on the FB groups of several people have turbos replaced on for the noise to return.
The noise has not come back yet, but I've only had it fixed for about a month.

In my case, the vacuum line being disconnected did not stop the noise. When the dealership did the first round of fixes (plugs, throttle body, etc.), I think they left the line unplugged on the passenger side, but the noise persisted. Once I got the new turbo, the noise was gone, but the car would not boost past 6 psi. In troubleshooting the issue, I discovered the unplugged line and with that the boost returned without the squeaking.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom