Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Spring Mountain in August?

PGH_Caddy_Fan

I recently purchased a 2024 CT5 V Blackwing and was finally able to secure my spot at Spring Mountain for the road course. The only slot they had available though was August. I have to imagine it’s so hot then it will melt the tires. Has anyone here done the driving school at that time of year? Worth it to wait for a cooler month?

I was there in February last year and I was sweating, but comfortable. August is going to be hot as hell. SM does have a pool ! It will be a crap shoot to get another appointment that fits your schedule.

I did Corvette school in a C7 Z06 the first week of July, with high temps in the 120°Fs, the biggest concern was the car AC cutting out due to water and oil temps. Availability seems to be so challenging that I wouldn't pass on any openings.

I was there in February last year and I was sweating, but comfortable. August is going to be hot as hell. SM does have a pool ! It will be a crap shoot to get another appointment that fits your schedule.
I’m more worried about the car than myself, haha. Wouldn’t want to be forced to drive slower because of the high temps. It’s so hard to get an open slot I hate to pass it up.

I did Corvette school in a C7 Z06 the first week of July, with high temps in the 120°Fs, the biggest concern was the car AC cutting out due to water and oil temps. Availability seems to be so challenging that I wouldn't pass on any openings.
Agree, hate to pass it up! As long as the tires hold up I can skip the AC.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom