Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Sidewall Bump..

Sully

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing
Found a minor sidewall bump in my front passenger tire today. It’s not too pronounced bump or golf ball like I’ve seen before.. how many of you all would rush to replace the tire?

Attachments

• IMG_6367.jpeg
    IMG_6367.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_6368.png
    IMG_6368.png
    11.3 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:
You might need to run it through Michelin. That's internal damage and, judging by the lack of damage to the finish of the sidewall (i.e. like if it was scuffed or torn), that just proves it's not driver error.

IIRC, the vehicle came with a tire warrany from Michelin. Look over all the paperwork provided by your dealer when you picked up the vehicle. Even if you don't have it, I'd still contact the dealer &/or Michelin about possible warranty coverage.

The Caddy dealer will tell you to talk to Michelin. Hopefully you have a good relationship with a tire dealer that will help you.

BTDT.

The Caddy dealer will tell you to talk to Michelin. Hopefully you have a good relationship with a tire dealer that will help you.

BTDT.
Yea... I'm guessing it'll go the same way for me. Appointment with Caddy tomorrow. Tire warranties are such BS...

Discount Tire submitted a claim to Michelin on my behalf when I still had my CTS-V. I think they covered half the cost of a replacement which I was pleased with.

UPDATE:

Prior to bringing into the dealer, I found another, albeit smaller bump on the front driver side tire in addition to the previously found front passenger. I spoke with the service manager and GM will be replacing both tires under warranty, which is great news.

While the car was there, I asked them to check notchy/hard shift from 1st to 2nd when the transmission was cold. Tech was able to verify the concern and recommended a fluid change, however, the fluid change would cost $302.

...this is where is gets interesting.

I asked the service manager why the fluid change would be a cost to me and not be covered under warranty. She tells me the Tech noted that he observed that the vehicle had a "blower" installed, appears to be aftermarket, and would not be covered. <confused>

I tell her the vehicle came from factory with a supercharger/blower and if the tech is referring to the blue MPI blower lid, it's aesthetic and did not change the blower itself. That all said, I ask, how does the observation of the blower impact the functionality of the transmission... I guess there's going to be another discussion and they'll get back to me.

This is going to be fun...

Makes sense to me if they think you put an aftermarket blower on. The extra HP/torque could damage the transmission. When I owned tuned cars I had to be careful what dealer I went to. In theory they can flag the car and cancel most of the warranty. It’s in the fine print.

Makes sense to me if they think you put an aftermarket blower on. The extra HP/torque could damage the transmission. When I owned tuned cars I had to be careful what dealer I went to. In theory they can flag the car and cancel most of the warranty. It’s in the fine print.
Sure, I get where you're coming from but here's where I disagree...

1. At the dealer I'm at, there's only 1 Tech authorized to work on V models. This may be the case at other dealers but I can't speak to that. My guess, this Tech has had specialized training in the V platform. That said, this tech should be able to identify a stock 1.7lt Eaton supercharger, a stock snout/pulley, stock TB, stock headers, etc. versus an aftermarket blower. This verification should be done PRIOR to telling a customer that their transmission issue, that was verified by them, will not be covered under warranty based on unconfirmed assumption about something else in the drivetrain. This is a waste of time, it's a headache, and ultimately calls into question the Tech's knowledge.

2. This is exactly the situation that the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act was put in place for; specifically Section 2304(c). Which in summary, the manufacturer cannot deny a warranty claim just because an aftermarket part was used, and puts the burden of proof on manufacturer to prove the aftermarket part caused the defect or failure before voiding the warranty.

Either way, after pushing back a bit and clarifying the lid was cosmetic, my dealer agreed to do the right thing. Unfortunately, the single certified tech will be out for for the next week and so the car will remain there for at least the next week or so. First time at the dealer for an issue with the BW so I'll consider myself lucky.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom