Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Serial Data Gateway Module recall

so 650

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4V BW Sebring IMSA Edition
I just brought my car to a local dealership for an oil change (I know, I know) and they told me that this recall has recently been published, and they have to take care of it because the car is in their possession, which is just a software patch, but will take more time and cause some very minor inconvenience in my life.

Anybody know anything substantive about this recall?

Here's what I found.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240927_135902_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240927_135902_Chrome.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 119
I haven’t seen this update, interesting. I just checked for any recalls via Cadillac system and my doesn’t show any incomplete. None open.

Attachments

• IMG_2719.png
    IMG_2719.png
    169.1 KB · Views: 24
I am getting my first oil change next week and they told me the same thing when I made my appointment. I was curious about it also. It sounded like it may take a while for the update.

I assume it's a 30 second software update, on most GM cars & trucks. But for technical reasons that are beyond me, it requires a 2-hour road test on Blackwings.

I was kidding about the road test. It did take 'em an extra 2 hours though.

I signed in and saw my car has this recall as well.

I think this is across the board with GM. I've seen it on different vehicles on the Carfax. Yukons, Tahoes, CT4, CT5. Seems random at this point.

I do know my dealer prefers recalls done early and they want the vehicle for most of the day. I think there's only one or two guys that do the recalls, plus they want to be sure it's all good before they let it go.

I just brought my car to a local dealership for an oil change (I know, I know) and they told me that this recall has recently been published, and they have to take care of it because the car is in their possession, which is just a software patch, but will take more time and cause some very minor inconvenience in my life.

Anybody know anything substantive about this recall?

Here's what I found.
I had mine in for warranty replacement of both tail lights and flaking dash trim. They took care of this at the same time, no big deal.

I got the update done today with my first oil change. They estimated about 2 hours but it ended up taking closer to 4 hours. They said the software update can be unpredictable.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom