Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V New windshield, new rattle

Cadillac CT4-V model

SynisterAZ

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'23 CT4-V Blackwing
Just had windshield #3 installed yesterday and Ive got a new rattle coming from the overhead.

I already dug into the area around the rearview to re-wire my radar detector and I cant find any noisemakers there, had to fix some oversights from Safelite but its pretty secure, seems like the noise is coming from behind the headliner near the overhead console maybe where the wires from the rearview module feed in.

How do I pop that overhead console free, just tug on it or are there any hidden fasteners I need to remove first?

I am the King of windshields my friend! minimum 3qty per year. The absolute last place to have your glass installed is Safelite........complete joke my friend. Tell your insurance to piss off and take it where you know it will be handled professionally!

I am the King of windshields my friend! minimum 3qty per year. The absolute last place to have your glass installed is Safelite........complete joke my friend. Tell your insurance to piss off and take it where you know it will be handled professionally!

No argument, Safelite did my last one and it was fine, theres maybe one or two other options on this mountain, small town operators, and Id be full of shit if I said I was happy with Safelite. The glass is in and I just want to fix this rattle.

Are you in AZ also?

My record was four, on a Ford Transit Connect (which, to be fair, had a lot of windshield). I've taken to planning routes to minimize my time on freeways.

My cousin lives in Gilbert AZ and has to replace his windshields a couple times per year. Driving back and forth to Phoenix does a number on glass and painted front ends. But.....its a dry heat !!

In AZ you need those race car windshield tear-offs. My mother lived in Tucson and it took a day for my rental to pick up a stone chip.

A buddy of mine went to Vegas and rented a Lambo. Good thing he took the insurance. He got a stone chip on day one and the windshield was $5000 to replace.

tmp.gif

I really just want to know how to remove the overhead panel

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners