Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

More Aggressive CT5-V Blackwing Carbon Front Splitter

Thanks. I have the part numbers, but I was wondering where they actually are on the car?
The leading lip of the front fenders.

Screenshot 2023-07-12 111556.jpg

Last edited:
Those look great and I can't wait to see one of them in my own hands. ;-) The torturous part will be NOT mounting it to the car before the deflectors are also done and shipped.
Same here jvp! But thinking about it, it will only stick out a little bit in that area over current regular black one which doesn’t stick out at all. I’m ready for mine regardless!

Spent a little time at my carbon fiber production facility over the weekend. All these CT5-V Blackwing parts take a considerable amount of effort to produce properly. However, the process is what makes everything great.
Here are some BTS pics of the spoilers, and soon to be shipping front splitters.

Blackwing Carbon BTS-6.jpg
Blackwing Carbon BTS-5.jpg
Blackwing Carbon BTS-3.jpg
Blackwing Carbon BTS-4.jpg
Blackwing Carbon BTS-8.jpg
Blackwing Carbon BTS-9.jpg
Blackwing Carbon BTS-1.jpg

I know you adapted the design of the front splitter from OEM, but was there any testing done to ensure it maintained the ability to provide the downforce generated by the OEM part?

I know you adapted the design of the front splitter from OEM, but was there any testing done to ensure it maintained the ability to provide the downforce generated by the OEM part?
Good question. This is larger than OEM, meaning more downforce.

Good question. This is larger than OEM, meaning more downforce.
So maybe a silly question, but if they’re meant to create 200lbs of downforce, are they able to hold 200lbs of weight on them without disconnecting from the front bumper/cracking?

I’m not sure I buy into the more downforce idea without an FEA analysis and supporting test data. Like an aircraft wing it’s not strictly the size that creates lift, but also the geometry. But it’s really a moot point because most of us will never reach the speeds where it comes into play. Enjoy the look and don’t worry about the downforce.

I’m not sure I buy into the more downforce idea without an FEA analysis and supporting test data. Like an aircraft wing it’s not strictly the size that creates lift, but also the geometry. But it’s really a moot point because most of us will never reach the speeds where it comes into play. Enjoy the look and don’t worry about the downforce.
Really? I drive 200 MPH down the tollway almost everyday!
Happy Toddlers And Tiaras GIF

I mean I plan on doing the Texas Mile and some Shift Sector events. More focused on not wanting it peeling off and flying away than anything else, lol.

Yeah. This.

Don't get me wrong, I'm super happy @Terrance Sig is part of this community and he's doing amazing stuff for our cars, but it takes some very complex CFD (computational fluid dynamics) analysis to really measure this.

Is it *likely* more downforce because of the greater surface area? Yeah, probably. Can we say for sure without substantial engineering? Definitely not.

Yeah. This.

Don't get me wrong, I'm super happy @Terrance Sig is part of this community and he's doing amazing stuff for our cars, but it takes some very complex CFD (computational fluid dynamics) analysis to really measure this.

Is it *likely* more downforce because of the greater surface area? Yeah, probably. Can we say for sure without substantial engineering? Definitely not.
I agree and glad there are aftermarket options. For marketing I would stick with aggressive (whatever that implies, still not sure, maybe "meaner") and skip the more downforce assertion.

So maybe a silly question, but if they’re meant to create 200lbs of downforce, are they able to hold 200lbs of weight on them without disconnecting from the front bumper/cracking?
The number has ample points of attachment to handle the load. The materials themselves are more than sufficient as well.
Exactly. If you want to get into downforce figures there is testing that can be done. But you need to design a complete aero package to work with one another
Yeah. This.

Spot on. If you really want to know you’ve got to do additional testing

Thats impressive, i usually call it quits once i top out 5th. Which on average is 2-3 times per day not counting weekend trips to mexico
Yea even with the mods I have My car doesn't like to pull in 6th at all. Maybe after the tune it will just get it over the hump. Your pull past 165 decent?

Sorry for the thread jack

Yea even with the mods I have My car doesn't like to pull in 6th at all. Maybe after the tune it will just get it over the hump. Your pull past 165 decent?

Sorry for the thread jack
Naw. Any race that has to go past what 5th gear offers is a lost cause. The car accelerates. Just not in anyway that would be considered quick

Splitters are looking great! Getting excited!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom