Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Manual 4BW growling during engine braking

Cadillac CT4-V model

Steelwing

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4 V Blackwing
Hello. I searched, but didn’t find anything related to this issue. Curious if anyone else has had this growling driveline noise:

I pulled off the highway and after stopping at the end of the ramp turned onto a side street. It was a short distance to the next light so revved up to ~3500 rpm in 1st gear and let off the gas and engined braked to the red light.

There was a growling noise coming from the center of the car. It was loud enough to drown out the exhaust with open valves. I pulled into a gas station right on the corner. Oil pressure, temp, and water temp all good. Opened the hood while running and no ticks or knocking. No leaks, car shifted into gear normally, and the noise went away when revving the engine without the clutch engaged.

Drove it 1 mile home and in 1st and 2nd gear the growling noise was there during engine braking. Parked it and after a few hours took it down the street and the growling noise was gone during engine braking. Everything sounded completely normal so I drove it another 5 miles. No issues, no growling noise.

Any thoughts or experiences with what seems to be transmission/clutch/driveline related noise?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom