Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V K&N Looking for donor car various parts.

CT5-V Model

sleepys4

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5 V Blackwing
A while back I reached out to K&N about an intake. Really wanted more of new tube without the restrictions to hear the supercharger, etc.

Fast forward to last week they finally reached out. Naturally they need the car in Riverside, CA. I am in Atlanta, they did offer to ship it, but I have two track days and a show I promised to be in.

If anyone has any interest in letting them do some R&D I'll put Bryan contact info below. Love them or not them doing this will most likely help more companies produce the products we want and need!

He also mentioned a free rental.

BryanV@knfilters.com

Bryan R. Vallejo
Vehicle Coordinator
O: 951-826-4189 M: 951-941-9808
1455 Citrus Street, Riverside, CA 92507

I emailed him as I am up in the PNW. Figured I would give it a shot.

However, he responded and wanted someone local or for me to drive it down. Definitely no offer to ship or cover a rental...

If you read the hagerty article on the BW they basically yelled at the engineer whose original design for the intake cost 3 HP and they told them that is unacceptable & go back to the drawing board. There’s likely zero or next to zero to be had power wise with any aftermarket system. As for sound have you ever stood outside the car with it going down a track? Lots of whine. The sound cancelling & insulation is the main reason you can’t hear it in the cabin.

If you read the hagerty article on the BW they basically yelled at the engineer whose original design for the intake cost 3 HP and they told them that is unacceptable & go back to the drawing board. There’s likely zero or next to zero to be had power wise with any aftermarket system. As for sound have you ever stood outside the car with it going down a track? Lots of whine. The sound cancelling & insulation is the main reason you can’t hear it in the cabin.
At my 1st Track and AutoX event last weekend with the car, I had so many people come up to me to tell me how amazing the car sounded while out on track. It's certainly better inside with the windows down and the rear seats down.

BTW - I have heard the same thing about the BW airbox: Pretty much the best possible design.

Just passing this along
E6191976-D41E-4A6D-B339-31D817C0880C.jpeg

Lol, wanting a 5 but showing a 4.
🤦🏻 I live about 100 mi from Riverside and I'm not sure I'd want to mess with it. I feel for them, hopefully someone more local will answer the call. Supporting local aftermarket business is a nobel cause.

Last edited:
FWIW, I think this is more relevant when you start to modify the car outside the stock intakes perimeters.

Just some food for thought.

Ironic that they are based in CA, but there is a very low probability this will come with a CARB EO # and be legal for sale here. I understand the EO (exemption order) is very expensive to obtain so it would require a lot of units sold to make a business case. Even without that element, it's interesting they are even considering building one for such a low volume car. Maybe they are counting on a longer run than MY 2024?

it's interesting they are even considering building one for such a low volume car
Idle hands are the devil's workshop (or in this case idle hands are expensive). The vehicle has been available for nearly two years at this point, so it makes sense that they are only now getting around to it. I'm guessing they have a lull in their R&D time and they are looking to fill it with anything... Their engineers are likely salary and getting paid regardless of if they are creating anything new. May as well try and make something in the mean time.

That SC whine sounds badass. Is that due in part to the K&N?