Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Interest in a custom trailer hitch from Leroy Engineering for CT 4 V

Cadillac CT4-V model

Roadhawk

2024 CT4 V BW Mid St Met MT
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2024 CT V 4 BW
Howdy guys (and gals) - I just started a thread in the Blackwing general discussions concerning trying to get interest in getting Leroy Engineering to build us a custom trailer hitch for the CT 4 V.

They said that if we could get at least 10 (or more) interested (committed) in a custom trailer hitch for the CT 4 V they could do it - with cost $450-550 range. They also would need a car in their shop in Ohio to measure the fit. Their hitches look to be excellent quality.

So let me know here or in the Blackwing thread if you have any interest and if we can get 10 or more I'll contact Leroy and see if we can get it done.

Well unfortunately your the only response. Leroy said they would at least need 10 orders to make it worth their while. Perhaps others will respond in time... Like you I would like a Thule rack for me ebike and need a hitch for it.

I'm interested, but I already have some plans in my head for fabricating one myself. If they have a good design, I'll certainly consider it.

I'd love a Class 1 or 2 hitch to tow a 1,000lb trailer. I had a Curt for my 240SX and it really came in handy.

Welcome to the forum Huemangos - I can reach out to them again and see what they say, but I believe they wanted at least 10 commitments and were not quite there yet...

Anyone else?

Thanks for the welcome.

I think I'd consider paying a bit more too (maybe not too much more) if they're willing to come down on the amount of people.

I'm still interested. @Roadhawk It may be worth posting in some CT4 BW and ATS-V Facebook groups to gauge interest.

I'd be interested if it's something like a hidden hitch. I have an SUV but would like the option of bike hauling with the BW.

Welcome to the forum awg....I assume you have a CT4V BW...so congrats there (such a great car).

Anyway I just reached out to leroy engineering again and said we have 7 interested folks and assured them that more would be interested if a hitch was available. I told them I would pay up to $800 for one. In January they said they would need to borrow a car to measure and spec it out (if they were going to do it). How far from Ohio are you? Don't know how long it would take but I told them I would be willing to do a road trip if necessary....

They're about 13 hours out from me. So fairly far away.
Probably similar for me....though don't know exactly where they are in Ohio. I'd make it a road trip,,,a few things of interest for me to visit in Ohio including Museum at Wright-Patterson Air base and Rock and Roll hall of fame Museum in Cleveland...a days drive out....days drive back...could be fun...

Nebraska is pretty much 13 hours away from anything I imagine...I used to visit Omaha quite a bit back in the day when I was working (but always flew in)...also had relatives there. Always enjoyed the visit...came back with fresh Angus steaks from the stockyards...and great jerky.

Haven't heard back from Leroy just yet...

OK here is their response:

"Thanks very much for contacting us and sharing the need. We really do appreciate your request, and do desire to provide a solution.

This opportunity has been brought to the board. The costs of introducing a new hitch into the product line has a number of expenses and regulatory requirements that require us to consider if the total size of the market will support the expenses. The design and production side is actually a small portion of the costs compared to the regulatory side. The regulation does ensure a consistent and safe product, but it also introduces a lot of costs. These costs can only be mitigated by sales volumes.

I know this side of the equation kinda takes the fun out of it, but sadly is the realities we have to deal with.

As you are part of a group of Cadillac V-series enthusiasts, you could be in a good position to provide information on the size of the total market. Based on expected costs, I would have to convince the board there are a minimum 20 units yearly sales for 3 to 4 years. (or 40 units for 2 to 3 years, etc). The more projected sales, the easier it is to convince the board.

If that didn't shoot the wind out of your sails, let us know."

My response:

"I totally get what you are saying...and I know you guys are dialed in with Miata (and understandably so) so Cadillac is a bit left field.

Yeah - its a bit doubtful that the community could support the sales numbers you're suggesting. Could we perhaps get 20-30 in a year - I could see that...but over 3-4 years annually....I have my doubts. Just speculating and I really don't have figures on how many of these are out there - but I do know that a bunch are being tracked and its a growing community (but starting from a pretty small base). I'll try to look into it further and see if I might be able to provide a different answer for you. In the meantime I very much do appreciate that you've considered my request...as disappointing as the answer was to me personally (but not unexpected). I won't totally give up. One never knows....and I really do want a hitch for this car...more for hauling(large.heavy e-bikes, but I can also see folks wanting a rack for track tires etc."

That's unfortunate. I don't think we could sustain even 10 annual sales for 4 years given the interest shown here. I had the same want to haul ebikes and normal bikes. Especially since my car is wrapped now, so seasuckers are a non option. I guess it'll be a pipe dream until I get a 2nd vehicle.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom