Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Has anyone done this?

Deejay55

Driving home yesterday I noticed an Audi SQ5 in my rear view mirror driving like a a- hole, cutting people off, and cutting in and out of traffic. I came to a red light and he pulled next to me. I knew when the light changed, what he intended to do. So when the light changed, sure enough, he tried. Now I generally don’t drive like this, my Blackwing destroyed him. He wouldn’t even try to pass me again. God, I love this car!

I don’t do it as much after the second time I lost my driver’s license.

PI have certainly done that but my latest move is to rev on them a little then let them take off like a maniac. This is especially effective against Teslas. 😂

I’d rather have those fools in front of me than behind me.
I have certainly done that but my latest move is to rev on them a little then let them take off like a maniac. This is especially effective against Teslas. 😂

I agree, and I don’t usually do this,( well, except for the kids with the Hondas and their big mufflers, I enjoy messing with them), but I couldn’t resist.

I have certainly done that but my latest move is to rev on them a little then let them take off like a maniac. This is especially effective against Teslas. 😂

Its always a good idea when cruising along interstates and such to have cover out front...and certainly other situations where you just want the crazy driver types out away from you....but I often practice AOP...Accelerate Out/of Problems...(got that from a book I read a long time ago).

I don't always take the bait....but often I just can't help it. I've yet to have a Tesla ever take any car I've ran against them in....though sometimes they take me right off the line. I really don't run against folks much like I used to when I was younger. I probably do it more in the GTI just because its so fun (and folks who hear it always seem to want to prove something). I have my moments with the BW but most of the time I just do my thing...though I imagine many folks think I am racing them....lol

I usually look over, smile, rev the engine a little & then shake my head. I'll ease into 1st gear & let them take-off. I've got nothing to prove. If they know what the 5BW is, they already know from watching all the vids & reviews of her capabilities. If they want to see firsthand what she's capable of & test their mettle, let's take it to an event at a road track & compare lap times.

The best ones are when you're at the light with some stock shit box and they take off like a bat out of hell when the light turns green. I always think to myself; Were we racing? I didn't get the memo. 🤣

I have roads near me where there are lights on 60mph roads so from time to time if some one wants I’ll see who can get up to 60 quickest. The other day though I was on the freeway and had what looked to be a fairly new m8 competion pull next to me and wanted to do rolling start. My 4BW with mods usually does pretty ok but this guy (looked like he was barely 18) clearly had a very tuned version. He made me seem to be standing still when we laid into it. Rolled the window down and gave him a thumbs up, his car was a rocket ship. I pick and choose my spots and depends on my mood. Seems like since I did the exhaust delete and installed DP’s the raucous noise seems to attract more people looking to see whose is quickest. A lot seem surprised by my 4BW performance.

The BW is such a sleeper it rarely attracts attention for me. But when it has, its usually on the freeway. There it's a test of nerve rather than horsepower. :)

There are so many amendments, in the Constitution of the United States of America. I can only choose one.

Attachments

• fif.jpg
    fif.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 8
The M8 comps are in a different league. I saw one launch and realized pretty quick.

Me and the wife were out late last night and there was nobody on the roads. I launched the M5 for the first time with her in the car. She told me she thought she burst a blood vessel lol.

Driving home yesterday I noticed an Audi SQ5 in my rear view mirror driving like a a- hole, cutting people off, and cutting in and out of traffic. I came to a red light and he pulled next to me. I knew when the light changed, what he intended to do. So when the light changed, sure enough, he tried. Now I generally don’t drive like this, my Blackwing destroyed him. He wouldn’t even try to pass me again. God, I love this car!
I had someone in an Urus try and do this to me in my old 2017 CTS-V. He did NOT like the fact he couldn't pass me and refused to make eye contact at the next light lol

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom