Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

General Motors Will Stick With Internal Combustion Engines Amid EV Expansion

A new Manual v8 will be long gone by the end of this decade. The V8s will be around in trucks and the Vette but those will certainly be auto.

If we're lucky the best we can hope for in a 3 pedal configuration is a 6cyl turbo, but it may very well be an 4cyl turbo.
It is becoming increasingly difficult to even get a V8 in a truck now. The starting price point for a V8 in a Silverado is over $50k now and that is just a run of the mill 5.3L EcoTec, with all the fuel economy crap (Start/Stop, AFM, etc.) that ruins it anyway. Move up to a respectable 6.2L for even more money.

It seems like they are pushing the 2.7L turbo I-4 now.

This would have been pretty cool if they built it...

Last edited:
beavis and butthead 90s GIF
I got slap like that once. Once. ;)

It is becoming increasingly difficult to even get a V8 in a truck now. The starting price point for a V8 in a Silverado is over $50k now and that is just a run of the mill 5.3L EcoTec, with all the fuel economy crap (Start/Stop, AFM, etc.) that ruins it anyway. Move up to a respectable 6.2L for even more money.

3 friends and my son all found great trucks in of all places......ready for this? Texas. My sons Ford S.D 6.2 Black Widow. Hauls my 360 CID 96 Dodge Ram with a 5M and a 391 Posi Ass just this past weekend. Project now, I bought that truck, new special order in 95. nervous, as shit.....There was my clutch action, some 28 yrs ago and then some. Got some respect from a few SS454, Ford Lighting's etc... along the way. LOL. Always have loved cars.

Attachments

• Dodge and D on the Road..jpg
    Dodge and D on the Road..jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 60

If only...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back