Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Anyone Following Crest Performance for 4BW Exhaust?

1BadTundra

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4 BlackWing
I've been following these guys on FB and IG for a few weeks now. They are finishing up a TIG fabbed exhaust for the 4BW. The valves are still functional, from what I can tell, it sounds kinda ricey, maybe its the mufflers they chose, idk. The stock sounds throatier than this. but to each his own... Figured I'd bring this shop to light here, they are trying to do things for us. They are also developing downpipes for the 4BW.

I checked it out expecting to hate it, but honestly, it doesn't seem all that bad. Plus it's TIG-fabbed stainless? That's typically indicative of quality work.

The video they posted seems to be of their 'raciest' version, which sounds like... well like an uncorked twin turbo V6. I get a general sense that most 4BW owners are trying to find exhausts that will make the car sound more like a V8, but I think that's a losing battle. I, for one, like the V6 engine note, but obviously that's personal preference.

I'll definitely look back at their IG when they get sound clips of the more streetable versions. In no way do I want to run a race exhaust on the street.

Thanks for posting! It's always good to see another shop offering options for the 4BW.

I also saw their posts on FB and followed them for more updates. Based on the photos and descriptions, seems like they've done a quality job. Definitely interested in more sound clips.

Do they have a website? Did some internet search, but found nothing.

I also saw their posts on FB and followed them for more updates. Based on the photos and descriptions, seems like they've done a quality job. Definitely interested in more sound clips.

Do they have a website? Did some internet search, but found nothing.
I dont see a website for them, just IG and FB. I was googling too.

Can't wait to hear the different setups under load.

Impatiently waiting until July 🍿

Their sound clip sounds good. My issue is that I plan to run catless DP's in the future and tune. The car sounds really good with just downpipes. I don't wanna go too raspy or trumpety (as a lot of opened up V6's do) if I pair their catback + DP's.

Their sound clip sounds good. My issue is that I plan to run catless DP's in the future and tune. The car sounds really good with just downpipes. I don't wanna go too raspy or trumpety (as a lot of opened up V6's do) if I pair their catback + DP's.
My thoughts exactly... I was hoping they had a secret science that would make these 4BW's a little more throaty and grumbly... No raspy trumpet!!!!

I am also following. I really like the tone of the stock exhaust. Especially at start up. Just want 20% louder.

I also love the stock tips.

Before we pull the trigger here, I heard yesterday that Corsa has a 4BW system in development.
This is very exciting! Corsa already has a system for the 5BW so I am eagerly waiting to see their option for the 4BW.

@Fnfast I am also pleased with the stock exhaust, but would welcome being a bit louder. Stock tips are nice too.

Not sure, however, I would spend 2k plus for a catback system (Corsa for the 5BW is 2.9k). That would need some convincing...

Before we pull the trigger here, I heard yesterday that Corsa has a 4BW system in development.

Originally, I was holding out for a Corsa extreme or an AWE track system, but I had to have one of these when I chatted with the fabricator. So far, the customer service has been top notch

What really impressed me with Crest's design was the ability to bolt in a mid section with resonators if the full race exhaust is too loud for the neighbors (it should be just fine). AWE does something similar on their track/touring kits -- it's a really nice touch and gives us some extra flexibility for those who install downpipes later in time

I 100% agree with @Professor Speed on the cost side of things -- for $2k+ I would like to see a dyno chart of this (or any) system as well as decibel comparisons to stock. Sound clips never capture the whole sound, but the limited teasers we do have on facebook/instagram sound awesome.

Bonus perk of this kit is the use of new 3" valves, so if yours rattle like mine, this should resolve it

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom