Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Any CELs with Kooks Headers on CT5V BW??

Yo Nadz

Strongly considering the Kooks catless headers. Looking for current owners running these with a factory tune. Any CELs? A buddy of mine with a ZL1 got a CEL for catalyst efficiency. P0420/P0430. Would the BW do the same thing on a factory tune?

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

If you remove cats, the car (any car) will set a CEL period unless it's tuned out.

If you remove cats, the car (any car) will set a CEL period unless it's tuned out.
I thought I read here that guys are running catless in their 4V's with no issues.

What about the Kooks catted versions? Possibility of no CEL? Seems like neither TapOut or CSP got a CEL on recent installs.

I thought I read here that guys are running catless in their 4V's with no issues.
Maybe with an o2 spacer, but they're very hit and miss and mostly miss on modern cars. EPA is strict AF. Look at VW and diesel-gate. Countries take vehicle emissiosn very seriously for the most part.

Does anybody know that if CEL is eliminated, will the non-cat cars pass an actual smog test ?

I know @WONT TAP offers tunes and the DTC Assassin, so I figure I'll have to do all those if (when :) ) I get the Kooks. There are a couple of other settings I'm very anxious to change, so I think it will be worth it.

Curious about actual emissions though.

That's still not a deal breaker for me - expired registration is not a big deal. :)

What about the Kooks catted versions? Possibility of no CEL? Seems like neither TapOut or CSP got a CEL on recent installs.
I’d have to rewatch this to confirm but if memory serves me correctly these guys put catted kooks on with no CEL.

Does anybody know that if CEL is eliminated, will the non-cat cars pass an actual smog test ?

I know @WONT TAP offers tunes and the DTC Assassin, so I figure I'll have to do all those if (when :) ) I get the Kooks. There are a couple of other settings I'm very anxious to change, so I think it will be worth it.

Curious about actual emissions though.

That's still not a deal breaker for me - expired registration is not a big deal. :)
Issue is with a DTC assassin, you're resetting the code. When emissions plug into the car, they will get a Not Ready reading for emissions. They wont test you until you put some miles into it and goes into Ready Status. By then, the code will probably pop back on.

Just got my Kooks headers installed.. OMG why did i wait this long to do it? Sound is incredible with the valves wide open. Fully closed you can hardly hear it over music. Open the windows and have the valves full open it sounds like straight pipes! 15 hp and 55 tq gained as well. No CEL yet.

First pull is stock headers, second is with the Kooks.

1725382396334_Blackwing_headers.jpg

Just got my Kooks headers installed.. OMG why did i wait this long to do it? Sound is incredible with the valves wide open. Fully closed you can hardly hear it over music. Open the windows and have the valves full open it sounds like straight pipes! 15 hp and 55 tq gained as well. No CEL yet.

First pull is stock headers, second is with the Kooks.

View attachment 27415
Catted or catless?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners