Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Advice for prospective buyer

I bought a used 2023 M6 5BW from a "high-end" pre-owned dealership in May.

From the pic, the wrap looks great. I'm generally not a fan of those, but I get the appeal, especially if you want to do something unique, like that two-tone.

What about the wheels, they don't look standard either. Painted, dipped, or am I just confused?

What about the wheels, they don't look standard either. Painted, dipped, or am I just confused?

They appear to be the OEM 19" wheels with Satin Graphite Dark Finish -- same ones I have on my 5BW. Was a $600 option when I built my vehicle.

From the pic, the wrap looks great. I'm generally not a fan of those, but I get the appeal, especially if you want to do something unique, like that two-tone.

Yep, as sonny200 said they are the Satin Graphite OEM wheels.

I do like the two-tone look. While the vinyl doesn't have the same clarity as paint and clearcoat, having the body gray is a heck of a lot easier to keep clean than an all black car.

not to derail your search but why arent you considering the 4bw as well? my kids arent young for car seats any more but i dont see why they wouldnt fit. i've had all 3 of them back there together and they were comfortable
So long story short, we'd been living overseas for a few years and I was initially considering the 4BW until we got back to the States and I actually sat in one. We're planning on having a second crotch-fruit in about a year or so and the back seat is smaller than I'd like to deal with for both a rear-facing and a front facing car seat. If it wasn't for that I'd be looking at a ZL1 or a Shelby since those cars are more my speed, but the sacrifices we must make for kids right :ROFLMAO:

So long story short, we'd been living overseas for a few years and I was initially considering the 4BW until we got back to the States and I actually sat in one. We're planning on having a second crotch-fruit in about a year or so and the back seat is smaller than I'd like to deal with for both a rear-facing and a front facing car seat. If it wasn't for that I'd be looking at a ZL1 or a Shelby since those cars are more my speed, but the sacrifices we must make for kids right :ROFLMAO:
One of the reasons I have the 5BW is my 2018 2SS Hot Wheels gives me all the fun I need....but no one can go with me. Enter the BW and problem solved. New problem is Hot Wheels is now neglected and its feelers are hurt.

One of the reasons I have the 5BW is my 2018 2SS Hot Wheels gives me all the fun I need....but no one can go with me. Enter the BW and problem solved. New problem is Hot Wheels is now neglected and its feelers are hurt.
Are you planning on keeping both long-term?

I want to be able to create good car-related memories with our kids, my son right now is already a huge car nut. BTW, I see your location is VA Beach, we lived in Chesapeake for a few years. How do you enjoy the BW with all the troopers in the area? :ROFLMAO:

I didn’t read through this thread entirely, but how much seat time do you have in a 5BW. This may be surprising to some, but I could buy any of those cars you mention, but don’t. I’m a sedan guy through-and-through, preferring the smooth ride a long wheel base affords. Maybe I’m just getting old, but teeth chattering rides are all in my past. For street driving I haven’t sacrificed anything, at least in my mind. The 5BW is one of those rare cars where they got almost everything right.

I didn’t read through this thread entirely, but how much seat time do you have in a 5BW. This may be surprising to some, but I could buy any of those cars you mention, but don’t. I’m a sedan guy through-and-through, preferring the smooth ride a long wheel base affords. Maybe I’m just getting old, but teeth chattering rides are all in my past. For street driving I haven’t sacrificed anything, at least in my mind. The 5BW is one of those rare cars where they got almost everything right.
None really, we were already overseas when the Blackwings came out and only recently returned. I went in to see them in person at a dealer the day after we landed, which is when I decided the 4's back seat was too small for my wants. I'm more of a cheap performance coupe kind of guy. The 5BW has all the right ingredients though, so I know for a fact that I am going to NEED to buy one the second I drive it. Simply sitting in one and starting it up without moving it almost made me want to buy it then and there.

Are you planning on keeping both long-term?

For the time being yes. Although the Hot Wheels may go at some point if the mood and offer strikes me right. I don't buy my cars as investments but more then several of the Camaros I have had sell for significant amounts more these days then when I sold them. So the Hot Wheels may stick around for longer.
I want to be able to create good car-related memories with our kids, my son right now is already a huge car nut. BTW, I see your location is VA Beach, we lived in Chesapeake for a few years. How do you enjoy the BW with all the troopers in the area? :ROFLMAO:
I have taken my oldest to Tail of the Dragon in the Hot Wheels, he is definitely beginning to find his love of cars at 19, and my other 2 kids have gone with me on much shorter rides but enjoyable drives with our local Camaro club. I enjoy the Camaro and have had more than 5 spanning my decades of driving. Its just the BW performance wise just doesn't give up anything really, and its more like a ZL1 then my 2SS, and can carry 5 people.

Im smart about when and where I choose to have "fun". :Steer

Hi there. I have a 1 year old in a rear facing seat, I am 6’ 4” and my wife is a foot shorter than me. In the current gen 3 series and 4 series gran coupe she was cramped with the rear facing behind her. Even in the X3 too. I tried the 4BW as well and it was just as tight for space.

The 5BW frankly is a jack of all trades buy it before you can’t again car for me. It’s roomy, big trunk, comfortable when I want it to be and on rails when I need it to be. I cross shopped the RS6 which was functional and fast but kinda boring without a manual. Same with the Panamera Turbo and Turbo Sport Turismo which is on the same drivetrain. Cool cars but more for touring and less raw sports cars. The manual gearbox on the 5BW is solid. Get drivers shoes so you can feel the clutch because its pretty sprung and you’re set.

The 5BW is a bridge car for me for a 911. Once the 1 year old can go front facing in 2-3 years I will probably sadly sell it and get a 911, but for now it’s basically a family Z06 which is pretty cool!

Hi there. I have a 1 year old in a rear facing seat, I am 6’ 4” and my wife is a foot shorter than me. In the current gen 3 series and 4 series gran coupe she was cramped with the rear facing behind her. Even in the X3 too. I tried the 4BW as well and it was just as tight for space.

The 5BW frankly is a jack of all trades buy it before you can’t again car for me. It’s roomy, big trunk, comfortable when I want it to be and on rails when I need it to be. I cross shopped the RS6 which was functional and fast but kinda boring without a manual. Same with the Panamera Turbo and Turbo Sport Turismo which is on the same drivetrain. Cool cars but more for touring and less raw sports cars. The manual gearbox on the 5BW is solid. Get drivers shoes so you can feel the clutch because its pretty sprung and you’re set.

The 5BW is a bridge car for me for a 911. Once the 1 year old can go front facing in 2-3 years I will probably sadly sell it and get a 911, but for now it’s basically a family Z06 which is pretty cool!
Sounds good until you realize the 911 is about as functional and non compliant road manner of a vehicle? I can't subject myself to the harsh punishing rides from those vehicles. Are you tracking daily or driving a family around?

Sounds good until you realize the 911 is about as functional and non compliant road manner of a vehicle? I can't subject myself to the harsh punishing rides from those vehicles. Are you tracking daily or driving a family around?
Depends on which 911...if it's a GT3 then yes it can be a punishing daily (you wouldn't use that as a daily anyway), however the newer 911s have ride settings on the PASM that can be set in comfort mode for daily driving. I have an older 997.2 Turbo S and it's not bad at all in comfort mode (I have a DSC controller). There are lots of folks on Rennlist who use their Turbo S as a daily. Now if you are hauling stuff or driving with more than 2 people then it's a different story.

Totally false. The 991.2 Carrera is a great ride with stock suspension and adaptive dampers. The 992 is even better. Our stroller fits in the frunk and a day bag or two behind me as a driver. No problem at all, just not feasible with a rear facing car seat. Obviously neither of these cars are my daily drivers but I work from home so nothing really is “daily” in my life.

I'm also part of the "Why not both?" camp 😁

A modern non-GT 911 with PASM or even SPASM is compliant enough to rip even the lumpiest backroads, but the Blackwing is much more pleasant over the breadth of daily driving duties, especially long-distance road-trips, or any situation where normal sized humans need to ride in the back.

View attachment 27389
I am definitely going to try and convince my wife to do this. Need to get her a Tahoe firsr.

I'm also part of the "Why not both?" camp 😁

A modern non-GT 911 with PASM or even SPASM is compliant enough to rip even the lumpiest backroads, but the Blackwing is much more pleasant over the breadth of daily driving duties, especially long-distance road-trips, or any situation where normal sized humans need to ride in the back.

View attachment 27389
Yeah, this is kinda what I meant.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners