Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

5BW Squeak from rear wheel area

Gunderstruck

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2024 CT5-V Blackwing
Hi Everyone,

I have a 24 5BW 6MT with ~3500 miles.
When going around curves/turning left I hear a squeak- appears to be from the rear wheel.
To me, this does not sound like other cars I've owned with grinding wheel bearings.
Squeak frequency increases with speed. Experienced at low speed/low throttle, especially noticed when slowly driving next to cars/buildings.

I've done a little googling but not seen anything;
Anyone else experience similar issues?

Thanks,
Leif

Hi Everyone,

I have a 24 5BW 6MT with ~3500 miles.
When going around curves/turning left I hear a squeak- appears to be from the rear wheel.
To me, this does not sound like other cars I've owned with grinding wheel bearings.
Squeak frequency increases with speed. Experienced at low speed/low throttle, especially noticed when slowly driving next to cars/buildings.

I've done a little googling but not seen anything;
Anyone else experience similar issues?

Thanks,
Leif
I have the exact same sound. I haven’t had a chance to get someone to hang out the window and confirm where it’s coming from but I feel like it’s coming from the front right.

But as you stated, once warmed up, happens when turning left around a bend and low speed. I also hear, though quieter, when doing about 25-30 straight. The sound, frequency, and cyclical nature of the sound has me thinking it’s coming from the brakes. I figured it was one of the quarks with the CCBs since mine squeal like ridiculously loud when braking.

I should have noted-
I have the standard Iron rotors.

I purchased the standard rotors because I wanted non-squeaky brakes- to me, a factory Cadillac should not make 20 year old car squeaks unless it's race prepped.

The nature of my squeak is similar- I hope there is a remedy. I thought calipers with pistons on both sides was supposed to prevent this issue :)

I had terrible sounding scrape/squeak caused by a small piece of gravel (with a little tar on it) stuck next to the brake pad.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom