Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

5 BWer's in Black Raven: Exterior Carbon? Yes or No?

Cadillac_Tony

To all the 5 Blackwing Black Raven owners or future 2025 5BW BR owners,

Do you prefer to have the exterior carbon fiber pieces with Black Raven, or do you somehow find the subtleness or slightly cleaner look (just my opinion, no offense) with the Black Raven paint?

I was thinking of ordering my 2025 Black Raven BW this way, but I'll most likely order the carbon interior seats though.

What is people's opinion on this?

Thank you!

Tony

Black Raven 2024 5BW here. I spec'd mine with very few options and definitely no carbon. These are expensive cars and I didn't feel a need to add even more money to the price, especially for what are cosmetic upgrades (yes, I know they add downforce and will deduct a fraction of a second on a racetrack). My car looks badass in my opinion. It is totally the car the bad guys in Bullitt would drive today.

As for the seats, I got the suede backed sky cool grey ones and love them. On this forum, there are reports of the carbon buckets sometimes squeaking so you might want to explore that.

Forgot to mention that the black paint is notorious for having terrible quality and mine was one that came off the truck with scratches and scuffs. The dealership paid for my PPF guy to do a paint correction on the entire car and then he PPF'd the whole car so you can't notice any issues really.

Forgot to mention that the black paint is notorious for having terrible quality and mine was one that came off the truck with scratches and scuffs. The dealership paid for my PPF guy to do a paint correction on the entire car and then he PPF'd the whole car so you can't notice any issues really.
I hear you on the paint, I've seen YouTube videos where their Black 5BW came off the truck that way. Anyway, I'm glad you got yours resolved. In black they look bad to the bone, period! And it's worth it. Thanks for the feedback!

On the black cars, you obviously don't get the contrast as with the other colors. But up close, you certainly see it. And the carbon bits are also something that separate a Blackwing from other V cars. I added the OEM trunk spoiler to my car and love it. I have had it in mind to add the front splitter too, as it looks so awesome. I have seen CF1&2 cars and won't lie, I wish mine had both packages from the factory.

My 2022 Rift came without any carbon accept the seats. Mine have no squeaking and and the leather is superb. Honestly, it is my favorite upgrade on the car, the carbon backed semi aniline seats.

Last edited:
I don't like red but love the CF contrasts on the car and other colors as previous posters have mentioned. I have BR with all the CF and was extremely leery about the front CF splitter and being so low etc. and crunching it on a driveway approach etc. Thankfully, it's exceptionally high off the ground for a "sports car splitter" and as for the durability of the splitter? I managed to drive the car into the garage and push my "wood box step" all the way to where I normally hit my "tire stop" but it wasn't the "tire stop" just the "wood box step" stopping the car as it jammed off the wall. Parked it and got out but didn't realize until the car door opened at way different location!

Yikes! I had the carbon fiber splitter taco'd over like 60 degrees and it was like seeing a dead baby! Quickly backed the car out thinking here comes my 3k splitter I was undecided about...and POOF sprung back without a scratch! So yeah, the thing is tough as SHIT!

I love the CF 1&2 package on the BR car even on black! It's the GNX I never could get and I will never sell this car!
The CF 1 is something I think is a must! The CF 2 is something you can live without.

BR w/o carbon here. If you're into CF1/2 then I think it would still look good on BR. The BW is sort of a sleeper and the CF packages stay in the same lane. I know its more than aesthetics, but for me I wasn't going to pay that kind of money for aesthetics. I do however regret not ordering the CCB option.

BR w/o carbon here. If you're into CF1/2 then I think it would still look good on BR. The BW is sort of a sleeper and the CF packages stay in the same lane. I know its more than aesthetics, but for me I wasn't going to pay that kind of money for aesthetics. I do however regret not ordering the CCB option.
May I ask what the CCB option is?

May I ask what the CCB option is?
Carbon Ceramic Brakes.... I have them, and it's my favorite upgrade due to NO BRAKE DUST. My bronze wheels stay fresh for weeks on end. If I had black wheels, the CCB might not be worth it.

Though I don't have black, I also piece-meal'd the OEM spoiler and splitter assembly after the fact due to supply contraints during ordering. The contrast with my blue color was worth it to me. Honestly, if I were to get black, I probably wouldn't get the splitter. But the spoiler really sets it apart.

FYI... Terrence Sig makes an identical spoiler for half the cost.

All of the options were and are pricey as s_ _t even more so now for 2025. The CCB's are cool and it was either CF 1 & 2 or CCB's so I went with CF as my chances of hitting a track probably not happening. Would love to have the CCB package though.....

The carbon backed seats are the shit and very comfortable. Mine don’t creak and from what I can tell this is a very limited issue. I’d choose those over CCB and CF1, except I don’t have to, I have all three. Car didn’t come with CF1 and I installed myself (easy to do). So I have experience with not having CF1 and having it. Makes a big difference IMO, gives the car the extra edginess, but in a subtle way

The carbon backed seats are the shit and very comfortable. Mine don’t creak and from what I can tell this is a very limited issue. I’d choose those over CCB and CF1, except I don’t have to, I have all three. Car didn’t come with CF1 and I installed myself (easy to do). So I have experience with not having CF1 and having it. Makes a big difference IMO, gives the car the extra edginess, but in a subtle way
Mine don't creak but they do have quite a noise when you lean/push back in them. Almost like a crunching sound. But I have to get mine check out at the dealer anyways since it seems the resin has started to bubble in a small area on the inside passenger side.. Right in eye view of the drivers seat

All the carbon options other than brakes for my 4 and 5. I haven't noticed any noises from the seats yet. I couldn't imagine not having it. BW's aren't that aggressive looking out of the box. The carbon at least gives a little hint.

Here are pics I took when mine went in for service, of an A10 w/ CF that the sleezy dealer ordered as Dealer spec with several people waiting in line for and being turned down for CF.
20220620_160040.jpg
20220620_160043.jpg
20220620_160051.jpg

My 5BW is Raven Black with the CF 1 and 2 packages. A previous owner had the body wrapped in battleship gray vinyl. The top and trunk lid are not wrapped and the factory paint color. I think the CF looks great with Raven Black.

I would at the least get the stage 1 CF. The bigger spoiler and front splitter give the car a more aggressive look. It looks like a sports sedan and not just a sedan in my opinion. The extra CF in the 2 package is nice, but it doesn't have that much effect on the looks of the car like the 1 package.
IMG_1456.jpeg
IMG_1781.jpeg
IMG_1785.jpeg

To all the 5 Blackwing Black Raven owners or future 2025 5BW BR owners,

Do you prefer to have the exterior carbon fiber pieces with Black Raven, or do you somehow find the subtleness or slightly cleaner look (just my opinion, no offense) with the Black Raven paint?

I was thinking of ordering my 2025 Black Raven BW this way, but I'll most likely order the carbon interior seats though.

What is people's opinion on this?

Thank you!

Tony

My vote is "no carbon fiber." I know why people like it, both interior (seats) and exterior. It looks great. However, I like the stealth look. And I *know* I'd scrape the front splitter given some ridiculous speed bumps I sometimes have to go over.

My car has no carbon fiber and is de-badged. People who know, know. MT, CCBs, etc. make it obvious to the right people when stationary. Exhaust sometimes makes it clear when in motion. Most people have no idea. But I've had a few people slow down and eyeball my car. In one case, an older CTS-V passed me on the interstate, only to slow down, drive along side me on the left, then pull behind me, then drive alongside me on the right. He and his passenger were getting a good look at the Blackwing.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom