Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V 4BW winter tires?

Cadillac CT4-V model
I would definitely recommend the Alpins in a 265 on the rear if you can get them. That was my 1st choice but nothing available, and had to settle for the X Ice in a square 255 setup. It’s not enough tire for the car. When driving spiritedly (without being full throttle) on the 255 X Ice, it’s very easy to have all the driving nanny’s start interfering. I’ve had Alpins on my other cars and it’s a great winter performance tire.
Due to lack of availability of Alpins 2yr ago, I had to put X Ice's on my former, slightly modified, CTS VSport. Even driving like a granny in snow/ice mode, they could not maintain grip. Ironically, I found that driving it in track mode was actually the most compliant, because the low-end throttle response was dialed-back, as well as the some of the traction assist. The sets of Alpins I had on it previously though, were amazing. I was debating on trying the 245 X Ices on the CT4 BW, as it's far less torquey, but after going through many of these threads, a new set of Alpins is probably the right way to go. It's a small price to pay for some confidence and safety.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom