Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

23 5VBW with blown motor here

Firefrog

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT5V Blackwing
Joined to get some info on the process of getting a new motor or buyback. I track the car hard and I’m disappointed. Car was properly broken in and only has 3500 miles.

Welcome to my world. The engine in my 22 5 BW came apart at about 7000 miles. No track. No mistreatment. It just seized. Sewell Cadillac of Dallas came and got it and brought a loaner car. Cadillac sent Sewell a new engine, which Sewell installed. Sewell brought my car back and took the loaner home. The whole event took about 10 days. I was told that there were a bunch of faulty parts from the engine parts vendor. No further problems. I was told that there others had a similar problem.

My suggestion. Call the dealer and tell them to come get their car and get it fixed.

Dealer has it. Waiting on how long, etc before I make a decision. At this point I kinda want my money back. Car isn’t worth the same with a new(different) motor.

Your call. Mine has worked fine with the replacement engine. The engines are assembled by one person who signs the engine. I would have loved to have been there when he/she learned the engine had come apart.

I was driving at 55 mph with cruise control on and the car started to slow down. I thought the cruise control had kicked off. I coasted into a roadside park and stopped. Engine would not start. I called a tow company who took it to my house about 5 miles away, and called the dealer. My only cost was the initial tow truck. $75. That was for my convenience. I was satisfied with the dealers service and have had no other issues with the car.

The whole process, from engine fail to car brought back from dealer was about, if memory serves, 10 days. That would include an engine being built, transportation from Detroit to Dallas, and engine reinstalled, including new starter and battery.

It was almost painless. Sewell Dallas could not have been more helpful.

It was ironic. 40+ years of messing with airplanes (USAF & Airline) and the only engine fail and “forced landing”, was in a car.
What I'm hearing you say is that duct tape and bailing wire works. At least that's my perspective as a former paratrooper.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom