Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2023 CT5-V BW with Low Brake Fluid

hawk02

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT5-V Blackwing
Looking for some advice here. I just bought a used 2023 CT5-V BW with approximately 10,000 miles on it. The brake fluid level in the reservoir is below the minimum level. There is no brake light on the dash and the brake pedal feels fine. There's no excessive travel or mushiness in the pedal. As far as I can tell the is no evidence of a leak.

Should I add some fluid and watch that it doesn't go down below minimum again or should I take my BW to the dealer and have them examine the brakes for leaks or excessive pad wear?

Lets add up the clues here: No dash light, brakes work fine, 10k miles on the brakes, and the fluid is below the minimum recommended level. These are high performance brakes and 10k miles is a enough to cause some wear on the pads and the brake reservoir is just doing its job.

As the pads wear, the pistons in the caliper start to extend out from the caliper body creating a larger void behind the pistons. As this is an air-tight system, that void needs to be made up by the fluid from the reservoir. Your supposed to check under the hood from time to time as fluid levels changing with use is totally normal.

As it turns out the fluid wasn't low. The dot 4 fluid is so light It is hard to see the level in the opaque reservoir, especially in sunlight. I had to hold a flashlight to the reservoir and the level was at the max.

Reactions: CBH
Dealer who got it initially could have done a shitty pre-delivery. Things didnt get topped off on delivery kinda situation. Top it off and keep driving it.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom