Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What's the best setup for two drivers using one key?

MiBlkWing

In my past experiences with vehicles, we've always had two keys—one hanging on a shelf by the door and the other stored as a backup in a drawer. However, with the BW, each key has its own settings, which means my wife and I need to be mindful of which key we use, as we both plan on driving it. If we only use one key, the seat will automatically adjust every time we get in. Since my wife is much shorter than I am, this means the seat moves far back when she gets in, requiring her to hold her setting button until the seat resumes her position. Additionally, if I'm the passenger, my phone connects to the system, and switching to hers involves several steps: Settings -> CarPlay -> Switch -> and one more step I can't quite recall. It's not a major issue, but I was wondering if the community has found an efficient solution for managing this. Any advice would be appreciated!

In my past experiences with vehicles, we've always had two keys—one hanging on a shelf by the door and the other stored as a backup in a drawer. However, with the BW, each key has its own settings, which means my wife and I need to be mindful of which key we use, as we both plan on driving it. If we only use one key, the seat will automatically adjust every time we get in. Since my wife is much shorter than I am, this means the seat moves far back when she gets in, requiring her to hold her setting button until the seat resumes her position. Additionally, if I'm the passenger, my phone connects to the system, and switching to hers involves several steps: Settings -> CarPlay -> Switch -> and one more step I can't quite recall. It's not a major issue, but I was wondering if the community has found an efficient solution for managing this. Any advice would be appreciated!

I can't be the only one wondering: What's the problem with using both keys? Hang both on the shelf by the door, with different keychains or other identifying means. Isn't that what they're for?? This sounds like a trick question. What am I missing?

No trick question - just habit. Today we went grocery shopping, and on the way back, my wife asked me to drive...but it was "her" key, so the seats scrunched me up as soon as I sat in. Even if there's a way to not have the seat automatically move when we turn on the car, that'd be a step forward.

You can turn off seat recall, but then you'd have to push and hold the seat memory button.

Turn off that seat recall option like @BW56M suggested.

Press the memory (I'm sure you're #1) for when you need to get in and the seat was inconsiderately left in her position.

I don't think the two fobs or using a different profile (you know you can do that too, right?) is going to change the phone pairing. That's going to be a problem regardless. I suspect that it just pairs with whichever phone it sees first.

I am fortunate (I guess) that I don't have these issues, since the wife can't/won't drive a stick, and even if she could/could, she's afraid to drive any of my cars. I told her once, if you wreck it or curb those wheels, just don't bother coming home. And we never pair her phone with my cars.

Seems like you’re in the same situation as the guys below

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners