Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V What to get after blackwing? <55K USD

Cadillac CT4-V model

savethemanual

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4 V blackwing
So my wife got another high performance sedan(RS3) and now we have 2 cars which are very similar(4 doors, 4 seats etc) and I am allowed to get a less practical car if I can make it work financially. Carmax offered 55K for my 23 CT4 BW and lets say that's the budget for this endeavor- What would you get?

Criterion-
  • Prefer 4 seats but not a hard requirement.
  • Manual preferred but auto OK.
  • Something new-ish(2020+)
  • Not too expensive to maintain and insure.
  • Something which will hold its value decently.

Candidates so far-
I test drove a 2SS 1LE yesterday and price wise its perfect and satisfies most of my requirements. Only thing scaring me away right now is there's a spate of thefts on the camaro and insurance is on the rise. I am afraid of it being a kia/hyundai scenario and companies refusing to insure it in future.

Other candidates-
New mustang? (I know, I know)
Supra(New/ slightly used)

Anything else I should be considering?

Here's an oddball - late model 4-door Mini Cooper JCW with the 6-speed. Surprisingly fun and practical and way under your budget just a couple of years old.

My grandson just got a Genesis G70 Sport Prestige. It is an absolute blast to drive. Food for thought. 🤔

20240313_170613.jpg 20240313_170628.jpg IMG_8569.jpg

New and manual 4 door, Golf R, Honda Type R or the grown up version Integra Type S. Camaro SS with 1LE package, new Mustang GT, used M2. Just off the top of my head.

New and manual 4 door, Golf R, Honda Type R or the grown up version Integra Type S. Camaro SS with 1LE package, new Mustang GT, used M2. Just off the top of my head.
Golf R is a no-no. Esp with the RS3 at home.

The type R is definitely a contender but the FWD is holding me back. Also lack of MSRP.

Mustang GT got to test drive it but I have a feeling I am not going to like it much over the BW/the camaros.

Challenger Scat pack manual or charger if auto is ok.

Actually just noticed your budget would allow for slightly used hellcats either challenger m6 or charger.

Don’t get a pdk if you get one. When they go bad and they do, 25k or so to get it fixed. Porsches cost some cash to maintain.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back