Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V What modification won't trip the CEL?

Cadillac CT4-V model

RKS

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2024 CT4-V Blackwing
I'm not too far from Tapout and interested in squeezing out some additional power but don't want to mess with CELs. Are the JB4/colder plugs or HP Tuner the most conservative route?

JB4 may get you a CEL depending on the tune, but you can clear it. HP Tuner Global B tuning should have enough refinement to prevent a CEL.

You can also check Tapout's website. Their FAQ's page addresses your question.

The two main mods that cause Check Engine Lights on the CT4-V Blackwings are the carbon fiber intake lid and downpipes. However, those can be easily cleared with DTC Assassin, or completely circumvented with HP Tuners custom tuning. Check out these Performance Packages, and feel free to email me directly at ScottC@TapoutTuning.com with any questions you may have.

I purchased the Gigs ported throttle body during Tapout's Black Friday sale. that shouldn't cause any codes or violate warranty. By itself not a huge gain, but it picks up some HP with no downside. It's also part of the performance packages so I can build into them when I'm ready. I haven't installed it yet but I will over winter.

When the carbon fiber drive shaft comes out for the cars that'll be something that causes no CEL and has a noticeable performance bump. Shouldn't screw with your warranty either. Hard to argue something causing less stress on the system caused an issue. Plus with the trans being so stout it seems unlikely that will ever be something you're taking in for warranty.

I resisted for as long as I could----- What will a gigs ported TB and green air filters do to a car with no tune installed?

I know it may command a little less boost, but is there anything to gain? Just trying to get my feet wet with some bolt-ons before fully committing to a tune (and kissing the warranty goodbye for good).

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back