Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

Installed the MPI lid today, had to modify the plastic fuel line standoffs to fit in the bolt holes but otherwise the anodized blue lid looks amazing in the light. The blue is def darker than the electric blue body but matches the blue of the calipers. So light compared the stock. Boy does she whine now… wowzer.
Any benefit other than sound? Could just remove dampening plates in stock for more sound I believe.

Tired up . Just shy of 25000 mi. Almost to the wear bars on the rear. Inside of both fronts about to the bottom of inner slash tread . Two repairs opposite corners. Skipped the sound foam on the fronts. Rears didn't have it . Very satisfied with them .

Any benefit other than sound? Could just remove dampening plates in stock for more sound I believe.
Sound and dressing up the engine bay were my goals. I really like the stepped design of the lid. MPI as with other manufacturers claim about 10hp~/12~tq improvements but I think most of those tests were done on older LT4 platforms that came with shorter lids. I've also read that the internal design of the new lids allow for a more efficient flow (I can't gauge that of course) Florida High Performance did a great breakdown of different lids on an ZL1. MPI came in around +5HP/+3 TQ. My butt dyno isn't well tuned but I can say that the throttle response has def improved.

With the stock exhaust (valves opened of course) and the blower whine... it’s just awesome. Here’s a little video; in 2nd gear on a slower roll around the neighborhood. Haven’t done any WOT yet.

Last edited:
Brought her home from the Detail Shop Tuesday. PPF, tint, ceramic finally completed. Since bringing her home; removed CT5 chrome from rear(not sure yet if CF replacement will be put on), swapped side markers to Savage Cadillac smoke with amber LED, swapped out puddle lights to Savage Cadillac Blackwing logos, and changed the start button to red to match calipers and accent package. Screen protector for dash goes on today.
IMG_3800.jpg

IMG_3801.jpg

IMG_3802.jpg

IMG_3803.jpg

IMG_3804.jpg

Brought her home from the Detail Shop Tuesday. PPF, tint, ceramic finally completed. Since bringing her home; removed CT5 chrome from rear(not sure yet if CF replacement will be put on), swapped side markers to Savage Cadillac smoke with amber LED, swapped out puddle lights to Savage Cadillac Blackwing logos, and changed the start button to red to match calipers and accent package. Screen protector for dash goes on today.
View attachment 25773

View attachment 25774

View attachment 25775

View attachment 25776

View attachment 25777
Is that tri coat?

Installed Sto N Sho for the ridiculous NYS front license plate requirement. Now just waiting for the plates to arrive. Next up, decide which PPF detailer to use.

Attachments

• 20240503_142753.jpg
    20240503_142753.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 37
  • 20240503_142745.jpg
    20240503_142745.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 37
  • 20240503_142740.jpg
    20240503_142740.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 37
Installed Sto N Sho for the ridiculous NYS front license plate requirement. Now just waiting for the plates to arrive. Next up, decide which PPF detailer to use.
That reminds me I need to order one of those. I've had them on other cars and it works fairly well. The only downfall is that it reduces your ground clearance a little bit and most cases.

Same - Tightest filter I ever had to take off. Couldn't budge it by hand or with strap wrench.

My stamped filter cap wrench just skidded over and didn't move the filter.

Finally got it off with three-jaw filter wrench using an 18" breaker bar, damaging the filter as shown.
Had the same experience about a week ago. Fun times

Pictures look great... Did you get full PFF or just front end protection? How long did they take to complete the work? Shopping around to get mine done as well.
Just front end protection, took a full week! Highly recommend them, they ain't cheap though, but worth it lol

Changed the diff fluid as I approach 1,500 miles.

Tip- clearance is tight on fill plug, nothing would fit behind my socket, so I put socket through a ratcheting wrench.

Attachments

• IMG_0278.jpeg
    IMG_0278.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0277.jpeg
    IMG_0277.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 40

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed