Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

JB4 Maps

Eberk

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 ctsv4 bw
Anyone use Map3 ethanol blend? If so how much E to 93 did you use? I know tapout never validated map3 and I’m a little hesitant to try it myself.

Also what about Boostane? Will it help with any of the maps? I have 93 in Texas but wondering if putting some in will increase power with Map2?

I ran BOOSTane for a while when I had the Jb4. Had custom settings from Tapout though. It was good 551whp. I have a ton of BOOSTane still if you decide to go that route. I ended up going full brown belt a while back.

I ran BOOSTane for a while when I had the Jb4. Had custom settings from Tapout though. It was good 551whp. I have a ton of BOOSTane still if you decide to go that route. I ended up going full brown belt a while back.
PM sent

I tried a e30 mixture with map3. Zero difference in 1/4 mile mph or time between map2 on 93 and map3 with e30.

I tried a e30 mixture with map3. Zero difference in 1/4 mile mph or time between map2 on 93 and map3 with e30.
Thanks man. I would love to tune the car but not ready to void my warranty. I’m new to jb4 but wondering how much a tuner like Scott can do with it. I would like someone to look at logs and see if they can smooth it out. Seems like the power cuts out like it reached its target. I’m thinking that the power band can’t be improved without going full tune.

There is only so much you can do with a piggyback tuner tricking sensors. I have only tweaked the jb4 tables slightly from the given maps, but it is very linear and has no drop off at higher rpms.

There is only so much you can do with a piggyback tuner tricking sensors. I have only tweaked the jb4 tables slightly from the given maps, but it is very linear and has no drop off at higher
PM sent

How's the brown belt compare?

Anyone care to see if your jb4 settings look like this? I got the tuner used and want to be sure it’s set up properly.
IMG_7820.png

IMG_7822.png
IMG_7824.png

I wouldn't run 8.9 psi of boost with 20 fuel bias. You're asking for lean AFRs, pulled timing, and misfiring.

You'll have to be running 100+ octane for something like that. If you're running 93 octane set the target no higher than 5psi or just run map 2 and get some logs. You can adjust your Fuel Bias by 5 pts up if you need more fuel.

I wouldn't run 8.9 psi of boost with 20 fuel bias. You're asking for lean AFRs, pulled timing, and misfiring.

You'll have to be running 100+ octane for something like that. If you're running 93 octane set the target no higher than 5psi or just run map 2 and get some logs. You can adjust your Fuel Bias by 5 pts up if you need more fuel.
Burger told me to change fuel bias to 20. It was set to 0. Does anyone have the stock settings? I got this used and just want to run stock map 2

Burger told me to change fuel bias to 20. It was set to 0. Does anyone have the stock settings? I got this used and just want to run stock map 2
You can run Map 2 as is, since the Map 6 Boost column is only used when running Map 6.

You can run Map 2 as is, since the Map 6 Boost column is only used when running Map 6.
Yeah but the settings on that page carries over to stock maps. It was set to 0 and he told me to change all to 20. The logs showed the change on map2

I just want those settings back to how the jb4 comes.

Yeah but the settings on that page carries over to stock maps. It was set to 0 and he told me to change all to 20. The logs showed the change on map2
Only the Fuel Bias carries over, and you have it set to 20, which is correct.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back