Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

I give up - best way to get deposit back?

jaroby3490

After almost four months of my built CT4V BW sitting on a lot with zero updates and zero ETA, I finally give up. Time to move on to something else... That said, the dealer is pushing back on the deposit. Should I just dispute with my CC or consider it a loss at this point?

I think it depends on what you were told at the beginning, and more importantly, what's in writing.

I put a deposit on a 4BW with a credit card. Changed my mind, they said they would credit my account. A month goes by with back and forth. I finally disputed it.....resolved. I also send a very nice email to the finance officer and the primary owner. I think all that lit a fire.

Most reputable dealers should not give you a hard time. They know they'll be able to sell the cars anyway...

I hear you man, but it has been 7 months lol. When is enough?
I hear you.....at least yours is built. You're on the down side.

I'm at 8+ months. My car won't be built for 2022 and I'll reorder for 2023. Builds don't start until late July (call it August), and they'll probably build the 120 anniversary units first. When the hell will I ever see my 2023? Q1 2023 pending allocations? Q2? Like you, I'm worn out and tired of it too.

I think it depends on what you were told at the beginning, and more importantly, what's in writing.

I put a deposit on a 4BW with a credit card. Changed my mind, they said they would credit my account. A month goes by with back and forth. I finally disputed it.....resolved. I also send a very nice email to the finance officer and the primary owner. I think all that lit a fire.

This.

You should certainly be able to get your deposit back with some nice communication to the senior management of the dealership. They might be better off selling it to someone else anyway if they're interested in marking it up once it arrives!

That said - I'd wait it out in your shoes.

I'm at about 7 months waiting but no build and will now likely enter the 2023 lottery...

I hear you man, but it has been 7 months lol. When is enough?
200.gif

4 months sitting in the lot of doom is much different than 4 months waiting for the order to be built. Environmental contamination, and the rest of the car is aging by the day. If it were me, I might quit on that car also and figure something else out.

My car has been built for 6 weeks, what is that in goat years?

But in all seriousness, no one knows when these are going to be delivered so if you want to walk, a kind but firm discussion with the sales manager should get you your deposit back. I would just have a few responses that you stick to, of unreasonable wait times for a vehicle and concerns over model year and delivery date close to the following year. The dealer will have zero issue selling the car quickly once it actually arrives and they will likely be able to use that as a bonus to attract more potential buyers into the showroom to put deposits down. It's not a buyers market where they would suffer from another car on the lot to try and unload below sticker.

I talked to my dealer on the lot and they are in the single digits of cars available on the lot.

4 months sitting in the lot of doom is much different than 4 months waiting for the order to be built. Environmental contamination, and the rest of the car is aging by the day. If it were me, I might quit on that car also and figure something else out.
Don’t think anyone has mention it, but since late Jan, those undelivered cars have been exposed to extreme cold temps (<20F) a few times of which is not recommended for the equipped summer tires.
You better be inspecting those treads upon taking delivery. You know I will.

1. Not all states allow a non refundable deposit.
2. Nice communication with the sales manager always helps.
3. Always pay a deposit by credit card, so you could dispute if the goat’s crap hits the fan.

1. Not all states allow a non refundable deposit.
2. Nice communication with the sales manager always helps.
3. Always pay a deposit by credit card, so you could dispute if the goat’s crap hits the fan.
Best to get it in writing. I gave authorization that explicitly stated "I agree to this deposit I am placing, refundable at any time or for any reason"

Best to get it in writing. I gave authorization that explicitly stated "I agree to this deposit I am placing, refundable at any time or for any reason"
Yea, my dealership doesn't do deposits, because they don't even care. I was told, if you back out, we can sell it for way more to someone else. If the market changes, they may go back to deposits, but right now it's not even a thing.

Yea, my dealership doesn't do deposits, because they don't even care. I was told, if you back out, we can sell it for way more to someone else. If the market changes, they may go back to deposits, but right now it's not even a thing.
I placed an order at Ford for a new work vehicle, and they would not give an inkling of care if I backed out, because there would be dozens of people clamoring to buy the vehicle. The dealership can't place any stock orders, so customers must place an order for them to get approved to get built.

I placed an order at Ford for a new work vehicle, and they would not give an inkling of care if I backed out, because there would be dozens of people clamoring to buy the vehicle. The dealership can't place any stock orders, so customers must place an order for them to get approved to get built.
Exactly this. They get the allocation, but if they can't get orders to fill that, they lose future allocations. So they just need a "customer" to place an order...they really HOPE the customer backs out so they can make more money on a markup lol.

If you're in California, legally, you are entitled to 100% of your money back. Edit...sorry I see your in Delaware, not sure if legally your protected. I'd go in and have a come to Jesus with the GM. If that failed, dispute the charge.

I'm not sure if you agreed to pay MSRP, but if they are giving you a hard time about a deposit, you can bet they would tack on ADM when your ready to pick up the car.

Say your car came in. What if you refused to pay the ADM? Would they give you the deposit back or keep your money and make a profit selling it to someone else?

What dealer is this, they should be added to the shit list.

I've been at 1100 for longer than that, you got to do what you got to do.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners