Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Delivery purposely delayed?

jadis192

My car was built 6 weeks ago and just got picked up by the carrier to be delivered to the dealer. Estimated delivery is Saturday 5/4.

The interesting part is the car sat on the factory lot for 6 weeks as the latest GM incentives expired and now as of 5/1 there are Zero incentives available, meaning I'm losing about $6k in incentives.

Coincidence or did GM (or dealer) hold the car knowing incentives would expire?

I’m not sure I would give GM that much credit in the area of competence to execute such a diabolical plan. Not that long ago cars were sitting in the goat pen for 6+ months. Things are much improved now, but likely there are still intermittent parts shortages and lack of hauler drivers.

The confirmation of such an organized program within GM to delay shipments for monetary gain would need to come from an inside whistleblower. And possibly said activity would be illegal.

Couldn’t you have signed the paperwork prior to May 1? I signed my paperwork 2 weeks before my car was delivered to the dealer. Not ideal, but my situation was such that if I did not, someone else could have bought the car. I would go down to the dealer immediately and try to work something out.

Last edited:
My car was built 6 weeks ago and just got picked up by the carrier to be delivered to the dealer. Estimated delivery is Saturday 5/4.

The interesting part is the car sat on the factory lot for 6 weeks as the latest GM incentives expired and now as of 5/1 there are Zero incentives available, meaning I'm losing about $6k in incentives.

That blows. This is one of the disadvantages of ordering a car vs. wheeling and dealing with one on the lot. Usually once the incentives for a particular month expire some new ones take their place. I assume these cars are not selling any better than last month. The dealerships I have used usually take a few days to find out what the new incentives for new month are going to be so you may want to check back with them.

Last edited:
GM is not going to do this and the dealer has nothing to do with delivery timing. Delivery times are a crapshoot and you just get what you get. Sometimes it is just where it physically sits in the holding lot and when they can get to it. Incentives shouldn't be going away now and usually change by month, so there should be something else they are offering.

Looks like the deal has been extended.
1000015716.png

0.9% and yet they are offering 5V Blackwings at 9.9%, haha.

0.9% and yet they are offering 5V Blackwings at 9.9%, haha.
I’m hoping they change their tune on the financing for the 5BW when my 2025 arrives. Not holding my breath, though. If there’s a waiting list there’s no reason to incentivize.

GM delayed the delivery so as not to pay out the incentives.

GM delayed the delivery so as not to pay out the incentives.
Gosh, really? I think you give GM too much credit to be able pull off this level of sophistication.

Giving GM way too much credit here...

It doesn't take a lot of effort from GM to delay the delivery of certain cars. It's likely a computer input, which might be as easy as a stroke of a key.

It doesn't take a lot of effort from GM to delay the delivery of certain cars. It's likely a computer input, which might be as easy as a stroke of a key.
And you know this how?

I have difficulty believing this. On the opposite to this argument are all of us that waited for months with our cars in the goat pen. I would think GM would have been far more interested in recording that revenue than possibly delaying a car or two here or there to make a little more on a handful of cars.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back