Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Can I get your opinions on my front rotors

How do you know they were warped? Did the service department actually measure them with a tool? Was the replacement of the rotors covered by your warranty? I assume you experienced a vibration when braking.
The Service Department told me they were warped, and it was covered by the warranty.

I experienced very significant vibration on light braking between 50 and 70 mph, specifically on any sort of down grade. My steering wheel feels like a shake weight lol

The Service Department told me they were warped, and it was covered by the warranty.

I experienced very significant vibration on light braking between 50 and 70 mph, specifically on any sort of down grade. My steering wheel feels like a shake weight lol
I had this happen on my ATS-V and went through a lot of expenses to resolve the problem. I hate Brembo pads and I think the pads are the problem and deposits occur on the rotors causing the vibration. These rotors do not warp, it is the pad deposits that cause the vibration. When I replace my pads on my Blackwing, I won't be using Brembo pads. And I am easy on brakes and I have never had a brake problem on any of the cars that I have owned. I have owned a lot of sports cars over the decades.

My service department said I needed new rotors 10,000 miles ago after...here I am 17,000 miles later same rotors, and they work. I've gone from squealing, to squeaking, to a sound that triggers on each revolution to rotors that stop without noise and stop fast. Haha. However the dark lines, and cracking on the contact path is pretty interesting...lol

I had this happen on my ATS-V and went through a lot of expenses to resolve the problem. I hate Brembo pads and I think the pads are the problem and deposits occur on the rotors causing the vibration. These rotors do not warp, it is the pad deposits that cause the vibration. When I replace my pads on my Blackwing, I won't be using Brembo pads. And I am easy on brakes and I have never had a brake problem on any of the cars that I have owned. I have owned a lot of sports cars over the decades.
Yep, I agree here.

My service department said I needed new rotors 10,000 miles ago after...here I am 17,000 miles later same rotors, and they work. I've gone from squealing, to squeaking, to a sound that triggers on each revolution to rotors that stop without noise and stop fast. Haha. However the dark lines, and cracking on the contact path is pretty interesting...lol

So the new rotors completely fixed your issues? My current rotors not only vibrate, but squeak like crazy. If it fixed everything for you that's at least encouraging.

Same rotors actually believe it not a track day removed all the noises I had and removed the lip my rotors developed last summer. Dealer told me rotors were warped but they weren’t.

Same rotors actually believe it not a track day removed all the noises I had and removed the lip my rotors developed last summer. Dealer told me rotors were warped but they weren’t.
Dealers lie all the time in order to rip us off as they laugh all the way to the bank.

Dealers lie all the time in order to rip us off as they laugh all the way to the bank.
They get paid by GM so maybe that's why. Brembo and Mirza told me that it's near zero chance you actually warp these rotors due to their size and construction. I thought mine were warped until I talked to Brembo at a V-Club Experience Track event. He even drove my car and knew exactly what it was. The noise was coming from the fact my rotors developed a tiny lip and the floating pads were hitting it. After a heavy track day all the noises went away.

They get paid by GM so maybe that's why. Brembo and Mirza told me that it's near zero chance you actually warp these rotors due to their size and construction. I thought mine were warped until I talked to Brembo at a V-Club Experience Track event. He even drove my car and knew exactly what it was. The noise was coming from the fact my rotors developed a tiny lip and the floating pads were hitting it. After a heavy track day all the noises went away.
I don't believe a word from Brembo. I have heard of many problems associated with this brand of pads. They do stop quickly, but so do other pads.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back