Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Cadillac Will Continue Offering ICE Cars Beyond 2030 As All-Electric Plans Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

raptor5244

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - 46-381
I would still grab your Blackwings while you can - GM is not developing a next generation high performance engine and emissions regulations will probably prevent them from selling any car with the LT4 past MY2026

Last edited:
No real shocker here but remember when we all had to get a Blackwing real quick because they were going to stop making them and go all electric? :LOL:

Your next concern should be the proposed legislation aimed at enabling software intervention to not allow a car to go 10 mph over the speed limit.

Your next concern should be the proposed legislation aimed at enabling software intervention to not allow a car to go 10 mph over the speed limit.
Debbie Downer Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I would still grab your Blackwings while you can - GM is not developing a next generation high performance engine and emissions regulations will probably prevent them from selling any car with the LT4 past MY2026
That likely depends on who wins the next Presidential election...

You shouldn’t have said that out loud on the forum as you risk some name calling. But yes, so many US and global things are contingent on that, including my personal financial outlook and when I can retire.

I was at a high volume Cadillac dealer a few weeks ago. They had no less than six new Lyrics on the lot. The salesman I spoke to said, in the year he has been there, they've only sold one. He said they can't give them away.
Dunno.gif

Which dealer? I'll take one for free. :cool:

I was at a high volume Cadillac dealer a few weeks ago. They had no less than six new Lyrics on the lot. The salesman I spoke to said, in the year he has been there, they've only sold one. He said they can't give them away. View attachment 25779
I see more Lyrics on the road than CT5s (in any variant).

At one point last year they had about 2 dozen BWs sitting on the lot, most with $3k discounts. When I was looking for mine at the end of the '22 model year, they had only one, an auto, and wanted $5k over MSRP.

I wish it was that simple but it's going to take at least 4 years to unravel what they've been implementing during the previous administration due to the way the administrative state works. GM has also been very (vocally) pro-electric transition despite what the market is saying. They may keep a few ICE models around to prevent their sales from completely going to near 0 but I don't see them keeping these high performance Cadillacs around past the end of the CT5 and CT4 lifecycle.

Emissions regulations equates to us losing more of our freedoms as big government steps on our necks.

I was at a high volume Cadillac dealer a few weeks ago. They had no less than six new Lyrics on the lot. The salesman I spoke to said, in the year he has been there, they've only sold one. He said they can't give them away. View attachment 25779
Our dealer had at least 9 Lyrics. People don't want these electric cars. EVs aren't as friendly to the environment as people want you to believe and they depreciate like a brick thrown off a building. It's a fast ride until you hit the bottom.

No real shocker here but remember when we all had to get a Blackwing real quick because they were going to stop making them and go all electric? :LOL:

They're going to keep making internal combustion cars past 2030? No shit. It was either that or go out of business. Not a hard choice to make. :D

You shouldn’t have said that out loud on the forum as you risk some name calling. But yes, so many US and global things are contingent on that, including my personal financial outlook and when I can retire.
Voting has consequences people! Hope you all enjoyed your last 4yrs too! Biden has exceeded my expectations by my most lucid imaginations....I mean taking the crown from Carter as the GOAT of all GOATS as worst administration EVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop