Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Annoying on star message

Eberk

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 ctsv4 bw
Anyone know how to get rid of annoying message that says OnStar is not activated and to contact OnStar. I have to hit OK to make the message go away everytime I start car. It may say something about Sirius XM as well. I just want it to stop lol. Guessing you can’t get rid of it unless you renew subscription which I will never do.

You don’t need a subscription. It’s just asking that you login to your Cadillac account.

You don’t need a subscription. It’s just asking that you login to your Cadillac account.
I got it used so never set up account. With the sharing of info with insurance companies I really don’t want to give them info. In that case guess I have to deal with it 🤷🏻‍♂️

I got it used so never set up account. With the sharing of info with insurance companies I really don’t want to give them info. In that case guess I have to deal with it 🤷🏻‍♂️
At my dealer they have a “techie guy” that will work on these type of issues real time while sitting in the car with me.

I think all modern cars require some sort of login. I personally like the ability to lock my car remotely and check on its location. I understand the concern about the LexisNexis issue some people have when they didn’t sign up for Smart Driver.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners