Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Window delamination, Anyone else?

XjonesX

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4 BW
I've started noticing my front windshield is starting to delaminate..., if that's the correct description?
I would think this would be covered under the B2B warranty?
Has anyone else had this issue, and what was the result with dealer in having it replaced...., if that what they do?
Also, not a big deal, but I have $50 of tint installed above the A/S line. Wonder if they would reimburse me for getting that done again with a new windshield?
I dont think a safelite repair could fix this..., but what do I know about window repair?
Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!
IMG_1896.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1895.JPG
    IMG_1895.JPG
    722.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1894.JPG
    IMG_1894.JPG
    829.5 KB · Views: 37
I'd be more worried the dealer claims it is a result of the tint. I wouldn't bother to ask for any reimbursement for $50 worth of tint if my windshield looked the same and had a tint. Definitely should be warrantied.

Are you sure that isn't something between the tint and the windshield? Maybe a tint gone bad and you can have the tint person check? I have seen windows delaminating before, but looks a little different. I guess still could be, but the car & glass is still young. When I had dealers replace windows that have been tinted before, warranty will not cover the tint. I had one case where the dealer covered the tint as a courtesy as they installed it and I was a good customer. Good luck either way and please let us know the outcome.

BTW - why does your gasket look so worn? Did the polisher get too close?

Hard to say, but that might just be a tint issue.

Take the tint off first and see if the issue still persists. If its still there, its definitely a warrantee issue to be replaced with an OEM glass. These windshields are not cheap.

Yeah,thanks for the insight..., but it's not the tint.
I took a silicone blade to it to see if those were air bubbles, but they were not.
Definitely in the glass.

I got this car with 10,000 miles on it from texas. So I'm assuming maybe some heat issues.
Also..., it's a advance production model 013, and I'm guessing maybe that could have something to do with it as well.
I've already had the tail lights & exhaust replaced due to defects in the process, and I've owned it under a year.
One thing I've never mentioned here was the weird seat glue as I like to call it. Look like, (not sure) someone tried to put a 4 point harness on the custom seats, and maybe broke the plastic bits around the head rest, because it has glue like stuff just below the plastic on the suede.

I digress..., pretty sure it's the windshield, just wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this.

Attachments

• IMG_1049.JPEG
    IMG_1049.JPEG
    1,022.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1051.JPEG
    IMG_1051.JPEG
    553 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1052.JPEG
    IMG_1052.JPEG
    854.2 KB · Views: 46
Oh!! I do recall seeing a video of CTF Blackwing GM was testing on the Nurburgring and I distinctly member seeing a rear seat bar/harness for either a 4 or 5 point harness. I tried to find info on the setup for track use but failed at the time. It's was either the gray or black Nurburgring BW that had this setup.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom