Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Service Steering Column Lock

CLewis3

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 Cadillac CT5V Blackwing
I wanted to see if anyone has run into this issue yet. I am getting a "Service Steering Colum Lock" on the dash. You cannot move the steering wheel at all, and the car will not even try to turn over. I put it on the battery tender until it was full to rule that out. Could it be a bad battery? Or is it the steering column lock issue not allowing it to crank?

Yes I had to turn the wheel really hard and it popped and never happened again, I'm guessing your wheel is currently tly locked out facing one way

It's locked pointing straight

That doesn't mean that it's not jammed... as @bybcous wrote, have you tried to turn the wheel hard to either side to see if it will free up? Turn it hard and hold, push start button, try other direction.

GM had issues with their steering lock on the C5 Corvette. Yeah, I know, 20+ years ago... their recall solution was to disable it. I kid you not.

Hey, it's under warranty, have it towed in and fixed! Best of luck.

Wheels straight does seem like less likely to be bound up as sometimes happens with column locks. If parking brake is on, have you tried moving the steering wheel with it off? If parking brake off or turning it off doesn’t help, I’d try putting it in neutral and rocking it a little. If it’s level and safe to do it. Please let us know.

Ended up being just a loose battery terminal. Nothing else on the car showed any signs of having electrical issues. The dealer did a reset and tightened the terminal. All good now.

Electronic gremlins are strange.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back