Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Oil fil cap o-ring losing coating? (oil change)

obeykube

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2024 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing
Hello all,

Quick question to anyone with a CT4V blackwing, or maybe any car that has these blue o-rings around the oil reservoir fill cap, does yours look like mine? Seems the blue is some kind of coating on top of the O-ring material, and mine is coming off, and is actually leaving deposits of that coating around the reservoir internal diameter. Obviously cosmetically I don't care, but I am worried about this coating going into the oil reservoir...maybe I am being anal...

20240623_174135.jpg

Attachments

• 20240623_174135.jpg
    20240623_174135.jpg
    793.2 KB · Views: 41
Hello all,

Quick question to anyone with a CT4V blackwing, or maybe any car that has these blue o-rings around the oil reservoir fill cap, does yours look like mine? Seems the blue is some kind of coating on top of the O-ring material, and mine is coming off, and is actually leaving deposits of that coating around the reservoir internal diameter. Obviously cosmetically I don't care, but I am worried about this coating going into the oil reservoir...maybe I am being anal...

View attachment 26536
Look at the dipstick too.... I noticed the seal on the stick was doing the same thing on the inside of the dipstick neck.

I'm watching it, but I've chalked it up to "GM"....

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom