Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

More Corsa CT5-V Blackwing Exhaust Systems In Stock Now!

MikeGuy993

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2018 ATS-V

Attachments

• CT5-V Blackwing Corsa Exhaust.jpg
    CT5-V Blackwing Corsa Exhaust.jpg
    768.5 KB · Views: 52
So you guys got a work around on the whole needing the valves/actuators to be relearned? So far 2 folks are having that issue.

So you guys got a work around on the whole needing the valves/actuators to be relearned? So far 2 folks are having that issue.

Can you link to where this issue is coming up? I'd def need to follow as I wasn't aware there was an issue.

Can you link to where this issue is coming up? I'd def need to follow as I wasn't aware there was an issue.
Two guys I personally know. First one installed an axle back and had to get a relearn after getting a P3172 "Variable Exh Flow Control Valve - Position Signal Exceed Lower Limit". Another just installed the full catback and got the code yesterday.

Both pulled the controllers with the valves on open. Trying to figure out now if setting the car in Tour mode/Valves closed, before pulling the actuators, would alleviate the issue. Nothing on the instructions says anything about what the position should be. So far, one of them just spent ~$315 for the relearn. The other one is waiting for a dealer appointment if he cant figure it out.

Any chance they have access to a scan tool; if not, maybe swing by an AutoZone.. worth a short before hitting the dealer.

I hooked up my scan tool and within ECM > Special Functions I have an exhaust valve relearn option.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-08-20-15-07-57.png
    Screenshot_2024-08-20-15-07-57.png
    81.6 KB · Views: 40
We are currently working with Corsa on this. We weren't initially aware of the issue but will update this thread when we know more.

Any chance they have access to a scan tool; if not, maybe swing by an AutoZone.. worth a short before hitting the dealer.

I hooked up my scan tool and within ECM > Special Functions I have an exhaust valve relearn option.
Which scan tool is that? Might be worth a shot considering he doesnt have a dealer appointment till the 3rd.

We are currently working with Corsa on this. We weren't initially aware of the issue but will update this thread when we know more.
We looked over the instructions and nothing really said what setting the stock exhaust valves need to be before pulling them off. Both were set OPEN on MyMode when pulled. Trying to put the actuators back into the stock mufflers, gonna set it to Touring (closed), pull and transfer them to the Corsa with the valves close. See if that triggers it still.

Which scan tool is that? Might be worth a shot considering he doesnt have a dealer appointment till the 3rd.
I’m using a Xtool D7. This one runs about $300, well worth the money.

There’s many different scan tools out there but look for one with bidirectional capabilities (allows you to actuate different functions like valves, pumps, etc.) and special function support.

With the amount of computer and control modules integrations in these cars, it doesn’t surprise me at all that any part I change that has an electrical component won’t flip some bit that will need to be “relearned/reset/reprogrammed”

Hmm… I’m definitely going to hold off on install until we get some answers to this one.

I had the catback system installed today, and I'm getting a CEL. I believe the shop followed the note on the Tapout Tuning website about leaving the valves in the open position before stock exhaust removal. Everything worked fine the first two times I started the car, but now I'm getting the CEL, and remote start doesn't work.

Has anyone had success correcting this issue with a bidirectional scan tool, as Sully suggested?

UPDATE: Just in case anyone runs into this issue, I was able to use the updated 2024 LAUNCH Creader Elite for GM tool (purchased on Amazon) to relearn the exhaust valve positions and clear the CEL. Hopefully, it clears the issue for good, and I'll update further if I run into any other issues. Thanks!

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back