Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Manual exhaust valve control

tmc

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT4 Blackwing
I'm a new BW owner and thus completely new to this platform. While researching, it seems there is much interest and little information about the exhaust valve control; which makes me curious.

I assume the ECU sends a PWM signal to the valves and then monitors the position of the valves via a separate PWM channel from an encoder inside the valve control unit. It looks like when replacing the valves, there is a 'learning' process that has to be done which I, again, assume is the ECU building a map from its control signal values to the received values on the PWM channel used to monitor valve position.

If my assumptions are correct; it shouldn't be difficult to create a device that could send the ECU the PWM signals it expects for any control value. This would allow manual control of the valves while also preventing the ECU from throwing any codes.

Am I misunderstanding anything? Does anyone have any detailed PWM signal information? (frequency, duty cycle range, voltage [12v?])? If this is of much interest, anyone have any valve control units they've lopped off they would be willing to donate to 'research'?

Pretty sure its as easy as pulling the fuse if you're wanting open valves all the time.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom