Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Man do I have a story for you all.

IcedBear14

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2024 CT5-V Blackwing (Deposit 7/10)
So I will keep this as short as possible to spare everyone of my terrible grammar. So about 4200 miles in transmission goes. It's grinding and sounding terrible going in and out of gears, and the clutch pedal has a terrible chatter when I engage and disengage. Take it in and it's a transmission defect they replace it. Chatter is still going on in the pedal but shifting in the transmission feels good again. They replace everything with the clutch still doing the same thing in the pedal. They take some more measurements and say the crankshaft thrust bearings have gone now it needs a new engine. This was about 5-6 weeks at the shop.

Take the car back drive it till the new engine comes. On my birthday the chatter goes away. Dropped it off and definitely ground the bearing down cause there was a bunch of metal in the oil. Replace the engine. Take it back a few days later for a miss fire and a connection was not made up all the way and is working fine. Friday won't start, all the power was on engine would not crank over. They found the starter wire broke off and went to ground and fried a PDC unit. Got it back yesterday and all is well for now.

Sorry it was so long as you can tell by the end I was getting tired of typing.

Is it April 1 again??

Wow, Ice, so sorry to ready about all this trouble, I'm getting the sense lately 2024s are more problematic than 22s and 23s. Maybe not, just seems that way.

I hope the current repairs have it all correct now, and you can enjoy without worry.

I swear if I had all these issues the GM would be taking the car back. No question. I love my car but ICE you have way more patience than me. lol.

I'd be asking GM to replace the car if I we're you...I wouldn't trust that car at all at this point.

So I will keep this as short as possible to spare everyone of my terrible grammar. So about 4200 miles in transmission goes. It's grinding and sounding terrible going in and out of gears, and the clutch pedal has a terrible chatter when I engage and disengage. Take it in and it's a transmission defect they replace it. Chatter is still going on in the pedal but shifting in the transmission feels good again. They replace everything with the clutch still doing the same thing in the pedal. They take some more measurements and say the crankshaft thrust bearings have gone now it needs a new engine. This was about 5-6 weeks at the shop.

Take the car back drive it till the new engine comes. On my birthday the chatter goes away. Dropped it off and definitely ground the bearing down cause there was a bunch of metal in the oil. Replace the engine. Take it back a few days later for a miss fire and a connection was not made up all the way and is working fine. Friday won't start, all the power was on engine would not crank over. They found the starter wire broke off and went to ground and fried a PDC unit. Got it back yesterday and all is well for now.

5BW?

Dang! I am sorry to hear about all those troubles. Get them to take it back and order one of the 2025’s with the new track improved suspension. :)

I went through a kinda similar thing with bmw and my M2. Back and forth to the dealer, techs forgetting to plug things in, connect wires or tighten wheel bolts... after about 8 months it was all good and had no further issues. Kudos to OP for sticking with it.

It's not the car's fault that people make mistakes.

Was the car completely stock before you started having issues?

You are making me not want to buy a 5BW and cherish my RS4 more and more.
Keep both if you can until you’re sure the 5BW engine is good. I still have my RS4!
8E7A5689-A5A2-42D1-B99A-4436F850708E.jpeg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back