Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

It finally happened!

dinkman

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'25 4BW
Perfect spec CT4 popped up at Star Cadillac in PA. Saw it last night, put a deposit down and drove 300 miles back and forth today to pick her up!
She is vin #003 of the 2025 model year cars.

some quick observations:
- hud is kinda cool but also distracting
- the shifter is great but not as amazing as you all made it seem lol. no offense, its still great. maybe i'm spoled from my gated manual r8
- the shift lever is very well designed. the notch is perfect for grabbing on to
- the seat buzzes me from time to time. some nanny thing i have to figure out what it is and turn it off
- the ride/suspension as everyone has said is very smooth
- the engine noise is louder than i expected, in a good way and i havent even gone above 4000 rpm yet

I'm so glad I finally found the right spec car. I cant thank Jeremy at Star Cadillac in Quakertown PA enough. I told him I needed to get back to CT quickly. I arrived at 12:40 and they had me out the door by 1:15!
Now to get the breakin period over with!

Attachments

• IMG-20240625-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20240625-WA0002.jpg
    427.4 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG-20240626-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20240626-WA0002.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG-20240626-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20240626-WA0003.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG-20240626-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20240626-WA0004.jpg
    732.7 KB · Views: 136
Congratulations. Beautiful looking vehicle.

Perfect spec CT4 popped up at Star Cadillac in PA. Saw it last night, put a deposit down and drove 300 miles back and forth today to pick her up!
She is vin #003 of the 2025 model year cars.

some quick observations:
- hud is kinda cool but also distracting
- the shifter is great but not as amazing as you all made it seem lol. no offense, its still great. maybe i'm spoled from my gated manual r8
- the shift lever is very well designed. the notch is perfect for grabbing on to
- the seat buzzes me from time to time. some nanny thing i have to figure out what it is and turn it off
- the ride/suspension as everyone has said is very smooth
- the engine noise is louder than i expected, in a good way and i havent even gone above 4000 rpm yet

I'm so glad I finally found the right spec car. I cant thank Jeremy at Star Cadillac in Quakertown PA enough. I told him I needed to get back to CT quickly. I arrived at 12:40 and they had me out the door by 1:15!
Now to get the breakin period over with!
I think people over-state the awesomeness of the shifter as well, but it gets better with more break in. My car has almost 10k miles on it now, and I enjoy the shifter much more now than in the beginning. It’s notchy from the get-go but improves with some break-in.

The Honda S2000 is still the gold standard manual transmission, in my view. But the Blackwing is almost the perfect car to me — easily daily drive it, and have a blast while doing it!

That seat buzzing thing is probably from the PDC and perhaps lane keeping (I turn that crap off) warnings.

Lovely car, nice color choice!

I too think the shifter is not as great as nearly everyone gushes on about, but it's certainly an improvement over the BMWs that I came from, and better than in the Corvette that I have (C6). I do like it (BW) but I'm just sayin'... it ain't the best out there.

Of cars that I've owned, the Honda and the Porsche had some of the best shifters.

I'm surprised that you liked the gated shifter on the R8, I found it kind of annoying. And I don't like Audi clutches... but I guess it's what you get used to.

Congrats Dinky!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back