Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Infotainment (music) issue

BimmerFan

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT5-V BW 6spd
Last week I finally took the car on a road trip - about 500 miles in one day, the car was awesome and I am very pleased with my purchase. However, the infotainment system started to act weird, and I thought it was just because I had the volume cranked up high. But it did it again on my morning commute today. It is inconsistent, as I've driven the car several days since the last issue. Basically, with either XM radio or internal music (USB) when a new song starts, it starts at a high volume and then jumps back down to normal. In other words, if I have the volume set at 4, when a new song starts it starts at 7 and then after a second goes back to 4.

I'm thinking perhaps the ANC or speed-sensitive volume (which doesn't seem to do much compared to other cars) is briefly confused.

Is there a way to make the system reboot itself? I know with BMWs when these kinds of glitches pop up, and a restart doesn't fix it, the dealer will reload the software/firmware, which for them typically takes several hours and so is a real PITA for me, the customer. I don't know if that's SOP for Cadillac.

Of course, it's also one of those intermittent things that is impossible to replicate on demand, so I have little hope that a dealer will recognize the issue much less be able to fix it. At this point it's just annoying, not a deal breaker.

In audio settings there is an option for sound to increase as speed increases. Maybe its on 11.

go to 11 spinal tap GIF

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back