Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Honoring My Father with the 2024 CT5-V Blackwing

TheLubricator

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2024 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing
Hello Everyone!

My name is Andrew & I’m excited to share that I just picked up a brand new fully loaded 2024 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing from Sewell Cadillac in Houston, TX. This car is more than just a car; it holds a deep personal meaning for me. My father, who passed away unexpectedly this past June, was a huge supporter of GM and he taught me everything—from driving manual in my 06 Honda Civic Si as a 16-year old (still own it today & drive it all over the city for work :chuckle car is unbreakable & eats up miles) to learning how to drive a turbocharged car to better understanding the power of those LT4 engines in his '16 & '19 Z06's as I got older.

Though I was never as big of a Corvette or GM fan as he was, I've always respected the engineering behind the Z06/ZR1 platform. After having done a ton of research and being lucky enough to stumble upon a brand new CT5-V BW that checked all of the boxes, this car feels like the perfect bridge between my father’s Corvette passion and my own taste. To me (and I'm sure to many others), the Blackwing has that combination of that raw Corvette power with luxury and refinement in a way that just feels right.

I absolutely love how this car looks, feels, and am beyond excited to experience all it has to offer once the front PPF & ceramic coating work is complete & I am able to break the engine in.

Thanks for letting me share this with the community. I’m looking forward to connecting with others here, asking questions about the V platform and honoring my father throughout my time with this incredible vehicle. Owning this car is a tribute to Dad and all the unforgettable memories we shared.

From Corvettes then to Cadillacs now!

Attachments

• IMG_4410.jpeg
    IMG_4410.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4407.jpeg
    IMG_4407.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4409.jpeg
    IMG_4409.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0527.jpeg
    IMG_0527.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 35
Congrats on the new ride. Get your Spring Mountain appointment made as soon as you can. I have my Dad's 1967 Caddy convertible. He loved his Cadillacs. I call my 67' the "Beauty" and my 22' 5BW, the "Beast".

Attachments

• 20230124_162645.jpg
    20230124_162645.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
Thank you!

I was looking at the Spring Valley offerings; thinking of going in November/December. Are you able to elaborate more on what the experience there is like?

You really will be at the mercy of what available dates they have for you. Take what you can get before its over. They only have 20 Blackwings, when I was there. 10 were CT4's and 10 were CT5's. Five automatics and five manuals of each. See if they have a condo on site for you to stay also. Summer will be very hot. December, when I went was pleasant.

Welcome and hope to see you around H-Town! Great story, thanks for sharing!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom