Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Hi IATs - hot weather or something else?

Jdeee

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4 Blackwing
I’ve got a 2023 CT4BW with a JB4 on e30 fuel. I never really paid much attention until I started using the app more.

Temp_IATs are getting as high as 135 degrees, granted im in south Florida where the weather gets as high as 90 degrees out with 60% humidity.

Something or nothing?

I’ve got a 2023 CT4BW with a JB4 on e30 fuel. I never really paid much attention until I started using the app more.

Temp_IATs are getting as high as 135 degrees, granted im in south Florida where the weather gets as high as 90 degrees out with 60% humidity.

Something or nothing?
I can't speak to the BW4, but I ran a couple of other turbo platforms in Orlando and 135F is not a high IAT for this time of year. You'll notice them high at idle (traffic, stop lights, etc) and should come down when on the move.

Methanol injection is the answer if you are concerned.

135 isn't terrible honestly. I generally hover around 20 degrees above ambient tempature.

Methanol injection is the answer if you are concerned.

At 500whp? Maybe when I decide to take it to the next level but I didn’t think this cooling system was so inefficient, less efficient than my boosted civic in fact.

Do you know if this supposed to be loose? I noticed that this thing swivels.

Attachments

• IMG_1710.jpeg
    IMG_1710.jpeg
    930.3 KB · Views: 31
At 500whp? Maybe when I decide to take it to the next level but I didn’t think this cooling system was so inefficient, less efficient than my boosted civic in fact.

Do you know if this supposed to be loose? I noticed that this thing swivels.

I’m just saying if you are concerned about high IAT, meth injection will absolutely eliminate that problem.

I’m just saying if you are concerned about high IAT, meth injection will absolutely eliminate that problem.
Water is the answer. Meth does have some cooling benefits (similar to ethanol), but it's mostly used as additional fuel. Atomized water will cool down IATs more if you're not needing any additional fueling.

Not sure if its the same on the 4BW but on 5BWs, you dont read the IATs. MAT2 readings is inside the blower and shows you closer to what the engine is actually ingesting air temp wise, post the bricks supposedly. So I've been monitoring that.

Also, after 150* is when the engine is supposed to pull timing.

Not sure if its the same on the 4BW but on 5BWs, you dont read the IATs. MAT2 readings is inside the blower and shows you closer to what the engine is actually ingesting air temp wise, post the bricks supposedly. So I've been monitoring that.

I appreciate the comment. I thought timing was being pulled way before 150 degrees, this is good to know.

Not sure if I can see MATs on the JB4 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

What are you using to monitor MAT2s?

I appreciate the comment. I thought timing was being pulled way before 150 degrees, this is good to know.

Not sure if I can see MATs on the JB4 🤷‍♂️
I can see IAT, IAT2 and MAT2 numbers on my 5BW. Normally, IAT2 and MAT2 will be close. But once the engine is hot, the blower and intercooler bricks starts getting heat soaked, specially when in traffic. Id see my IAT2 at around 130 but my MAT2 would be 150. It cools down to 130 ish once i start going again and get some cooler air thru the HX.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom