Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Front rotors warping

Cadillac CT4-V model

ersaka

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2024 CT4-V Blackwing
Absolutely thrilled we my '24 4BW which I picked up November '23. Most of my miles has been taveling on the interstates which has been fairly easy on the car. But I'm puzzeled with the brakes because at 6,250 miles I needed new front rotors because they warped, the dealer replaced them under warranty with new pads too. I'm at 11,100 miles now and the brake peddle is starting to pulsate again. I expect it will only get worse. I'll will bring it in at 12K for my oil change and tell the dealer that the brake peddle is pulsating again and expect another warped rotor. If replacement needed, I hope the dealer with replace again under warranty. Has anyone else had these brake problems?

I would bet on brake pad deposits unless there is measurable runout on the front rotors. I frequently get these small spots on my front rotors accompanied with pulsation within a week of detailing the car.

Get her up to temps, then rip to100-120 and slam on the brakes like 4 or 5 times back to back. Same procedure as bedding in the brakes when new. Works like a charm for me, but the spots will be back after your next deep wheel clean

Common issue on the G80 M3 and MKV Supras, especially if you clean your wheels often with chemicals (which I do constantly). I love spotless inner barrels.

Last edited:
I had slight judder when braking. Did a track day with EBC SR 11 sintered pads and it went away. Switched back to the brembos for the street. Theres an old post on here about the EBCs. Side note- the initial bite on the SR11's is amazing.

I would bet on brake pad deposits unless there is measurable runout on the front rotors. I frequently get these small spots on my front rotors accompanied with pulsation within a week of detailing the car.

Get her up to temps, then rip to100-120 and slam on the brakes like 4 or 5 times back to back. Same procedure as bedding in the brakes when new. Works like a charm for me, but the spots will be back after your next deep wheel clean

Common issue on the G80 M3 and MKV Supras, especially if you clean your wheels often with chemicals (which I do constantly). I love spotless inner barrels.

Thanks for the comments and advice. I did a few hard brake sessions today and the feel seems to have improved. But to confirm I will repeat same before my next dealer visit. Thanks again & best regards.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom