Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Excellent Mileage

DonD

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing
We live about 16 miles from San Antonio. Drove down and into the city for about 3 miles. It's downhill most of the way and the 4BW is totally stock.

I got 33.6 mpg according to the instrument panel readout. Would need more than one similar trip and calculated through fillups but regardless, very impressive mileage for a car with the power this one has. Don

Not to rain on your parade but unless you also calculated the return trip those numbers aren’t really a good indicator as you mentioned it’s mostly downhill. I drove 75 highway miles all flat at about 85mph and averaged 22-23mpg. The car impresses in many areas but fuel economy is not one of them. If yours is an auto you may get better results but nobody is getting 30+ mpg in a Blackwing on a flat or hilly round trip.

It’s also a twin turbo V6. When you’re not in the power, that engine probably makes around 60-70% of the rated power. That’s why turbos are appealing to manufacturers for mileage and higher power. Good when you want it, not present when you don’t need it.

The 5BW on the other hand… that supercharger is always thirsty.

Despite considerably more traffic, I got 27mpg on the return trip. Don

The first tankful in mine has been the best. Didn't go past 55mph because of construction but keeping it at low speeds and no boost, I got 31.1mpg. Some how I haven't been able to replicate that...

Best now is 24-25mpg consistently.

Yesterday I went for a drive specifically to get my son to nap. Since I was in no hurry, I set cruise at 65, with a little bit of traffic. 25 miles, out and back on the same highway (which has some hills), an honest 30mpg in a 5BW! I might have to drive the speed limit more often... J/K!! 🤣

Each time I take a spin I tell myself, today is the day I’m going to relax and just cruise. That last literally 2 seconds before I’m driving like I stole it. Zero self control. I’ve accepted that 11-13mpg is the best I’ll get.

Typical commute to work from door-to-door. (I have 3 other job sites I have to commute to that are another 25 miles added from home. This is why I've got +32k miles on my 5BW!)

Attachments

• 20240906_223744.jpg
    20240906_223744.jpg
    998.4 KB · Views: 24
I've been averaging around 20 mpg in my 4 BW in mixed driving conditions. When I'm just cruising on the highway its more like 24 give or take.

We live about 16 miles from San Antonio. Drove down and into the city for about 3 miles. It's downhill most of the way and the 4BW is totally stock.

I got 33.6 mpg according to the instrument panel readout. Would need more than one similar trip and calculated through fillups but regardless, very impressive mileage for a car with the power this one has. Don
tmp.gif

I’m in the same boat with my 4bw at about 20mpg. Everything else I drive (diesel trucks) gets about 8-14 mpg so I feel like the BW is super economical on fuel.

I average about 18 on my 4bw and it's stock (drivetrain wise). But my commute is 3 miles one way which doesn't even let it heat up. Longer drives are still all city stopping and accelerating up to 55 then back down so I get 20-22 if I'm not on it.
I did get 26 on a highway when I was cruising at 80 or so. I just don't do very much highway driving.

Second trip into San Antonio, got slightly lower mileage due to a good bit more traffic on the uphill section. 28.9 combined. Don

With self control, even the 5 isn't bad. On I-10, with the cruise set at 80, my trip computer will read 29-31 on level ground

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom