Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

DSX Tuning Supercharger Lid Install

Yo Nadz

Alright, buckle up, this is a long one. GM nailed it with a lot of things on the Blackwing. I mean, it’s the PERFECT gentleman’s car. Nearly 700HP. 6 speed manual. 4 phucking doors. I can drop my kid off at preschool with no heads turned and then give it the beans on the way home like a mad man contemplating my last day on earth. It’s DAMN good. But if you’re like me the one thing it’s missing is that intoxicating blower whine. I wanna hear it!!! And let’s be honest. You can’t hear SHIT in the cabin. WTF GM?!? Well, we have the answer. First things first. I didn’t go in to this wanting more HP. Yeah, I’ll take what I can get, but I wanted something that was custom, not flashy, and that would look as good as it sounds. I did a ton of research on lids and then stumbled upon my boy, Dave Steck, the owner of DSX Tuning. Yeah, I’d heard the name, but I didn’t know that my online STLSR forum friend/enemy/nemisis Dave Steck from back in our teenage years owned the business. Thats a story in itself. What this dood has created and is developing on other levels is truly revolutionary. Also another story in itself. I reached out to Dave to design a lid that would not only look good, but also give the Blackwing that blower whine it so much deserves. Dave personally walked me through the steps, gave me options for powdercoating and engraving designs and then executed my vision. He built me a beautiful piece that is custom but not flashy. Simply black with some flake. Exactly what I was looking for. Not neon green. Not electric blue. Not engraved with unicorns and sunshine dust. What he created is an absolute masterpiece. Dave took this lame boring lid with virtually nonexistent whine to what it should have been from the factory while making is look stealth AF and damn good in the process. I couldn’t be happier. I made this video to document the install for others who may be interested in what I was achieving. I was never in this for more horsepower. I simply wanted something that looked good and gave me that whine I was looking for. Sure, it’s not Hellcat loud. But damn it’s 1000% better than OEM. The Blackwing exhaust is so aggressive that this video doesn’t really give the new sound justice. The sweet spot is quarter throttle between 2-4 thousand RPM with the valves closed. I can tell you that if you’re looking for MORE WHINE and a lid that you can literally design yourself you can’t go wrong with DSX Tuning.

CSP did a test and it actually lost power over stock bW lid

I think there are several factors that have to be considered, heat, dyno type, etc. For example, here's the counter assessment which showed gains albeit small but no loss. Granted this is a ZL1 but LT4 none the less. The BW is pretty interesting with built in wideband and the computer is pretty aggressive when it comes to adjusting timing. I went with an MPI lid because of two factors, blower whine (which makes me smile), and looks (which also makes me smile).

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom