Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Blackwing vs. Ioniq 5 N

This just in! AWD performance EVs are fast in a straight line! Tune in next week for our exclusive report on the Pope's secret membership in the catholic church!

The ioniq is a great EV, but if you want a car with soul and sexy noises, it won't ever do that. I'm pretty sure a Tesla S Plaid could also destroy a blackwing, but it still won't be as fun to drive. They're not really even in the same genre.

Not around a track.
The Plaid does win around a track. At least it did at Willow Springs with Randy Pobst driving it. But I couldn't care less about track times because this car is so fun to drive. Although using the fact that the six speed RWD BW was faster around a track than the auto AWD "fastest M car of all time" M5 CS is a fun little fact to troll the BMW fanboys with. And let me tell you, the ones over on the BMW subreddit hate when you bring up that fact.

Last edited:
I mean, I guess it depends how many laps you are doing :D

The Plaid does win around a track. At least it did at Willow Springs with Randy Pobst driving it. But I couldn't care less about track times because this car is so fun to drive. Although using the fact that the six speed RWD BW was faster around a track than the auto AWD "fastest M car of all time" M5 CS is a fun little fact to troll the BMW fanboys with. And let me tell you, the ones over on the BMW subreddit hate when you bring up that fact.

I guess they hate it even more when you tell them that time is still (barely) faster than the M3 CSL which best the M5 CS!

Exactly the video I was thing about with my reply. 2 tenths of a second or whatever it was? Maybe it is semantics, but for me, the Plaid does not "destroy" the Blackwing around the track.

Regardless, I will never be a guy who buys 5N for 20k in 3 years or 5 or whatever. CT5-V Blackwing with a manual transmission is better than sliced bread, and I could car less how many EVs can take it at a stoplight.

lfaYO7R.jpg

I agree with all of the above...but I'll put my $0.02 in...I'll take the CT4 BW over all the above....at least for me. All the cars have their merits for sure....Iconic 5 N seems like a blast for what it is....and the Tesla for what it is...and for certain folks are fine options....but I am an old school driving enthusiast of a different kind....so yeah a Miata (lol)...but really the 4 V BW pretty much hits all the marks. It may not be the fastest...but its plenty quick...and its just a blast to drive.

I would totally love a 5 V BW for many of the same reasons (and that engine of course)...but even the 4 V BW is a bit of a porker for my tastes....but what can you do....modern cars. At least I still have some other options (ZHP & GTI) for some old school thrills.

That Hyundai Ioniq 5 N is an AWESOME car. It replicates a regular paddle-shift car down to the last detail, including bouncing off the rev limiter. It basically replicates the experience of being in a rear-drive, manually-shifted dual clutch type car... Check out this Nurburgring video of it:

Hyundai has created a blueprint for electric car driveability that I think we'll see companies like Porsche follow very soon. They should drive like your typical DCT-equipped McLaren or Ferrari, and shouldn't just have one WHOOOSH gear like the Tesla does... That's not a good driving experience.

I want lots of gears, son! And the ability to drive out of corner at high RPM's! The Ionig 5 N does all that...

They need to do more work on the engine sound. That would drive me crazy, I couldn’t listen anymore after about one minute.

Apple v Orange. What's to be compared here? Driving experience?

I just did the Andretti Indoor Karting experience for fun with my wife and youngest son and had a good time, very nice and clean setup they have. But.... Its electric.

I craved the experience of reaching back and cheating the throttle cable on a gas cart at the local open family fun track and pin my ears back and LISTEN to it and what I felt was 100 mph as a kid! Times have changed. And so it goes.

Thankfully, I can jump in the 5BW and.... just listen.

I must confess I was shopping for an all-weather car since the move to Denver. Really wanted a 5N. But price/markup is nuts around here. Got a WRX TR instead.

That Hyundai Ioniq 5 N is an AWESOME car. It replicates a regular paddle-shift car down to the last detail, including bouncing off the rev limiter. It basically replicates the experience of being in a rear-drive, manually-shifted dual clutch type car... Check out this Nurburgring video of it:

Hyundai has created a blueprint for electric car driveability that I think we'll see companies like Porsche follow very soon. They should drive like your typical DCT-equipped McLaren or Ferrari, and shouldn't just have one WHOOOSH gear like the Tesla does... That's not a good driving experience.

I want lots of gears, son! And the ability to drive out of corner at high RPM's! The Ionig 5 N does all that...
I guess I can see why some people might like this, but I can count the number of times I've wanted to replicate the paddle shift experience on zero hands.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom