Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5 Blackwing Rebuild - Can't Wait!

SportBeetle

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 Cadillac CT5 V Blackwing
Hey all,

I purchased the valet crashed (Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing Wrecked by Valet, Onboard Video Shows) CT5 Blackwing from an insurance auction. Ever since these came out, I knew I had to have one. The damage was just right and it had all the options I wanted.

Unfortunately, the previous owner of the CT5 BW I'm rebuilding "stole" the carbon ceramic rotors and passenger front seat/rear seat set from my rebuild car. Never got a response after a few attempts to reach him so I decided to pick up a parts car. I run an auto dismantling business and on occasion rebuild cars as well. We've parted out 3 CT4 Blackwings and rebuilt one! I finally picked up a CT5 BW for parts after a long wait.

Rebuild is well underway. Can't wait to finally get it running despite the major roadblocks. Corsa catback on the way. Excited to see where this build goes from here!

Attachments

• image_50730753.JPG
    image_50730753.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 105
  • image_50452225.JPG
    image_50452225.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 105
  • image_50449921.JPG
    image_50449921.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 107
Oh this is cool.. I love watching rebuild series. I know I've read here about issues with retrofitting CCBs on a CT5BW which did not ship with CCBs due to ECU being programmed specifically for CCBs.

Looks like you replaced the stolen CCBs with steels, I wonder if there's an issue going from CCBs to steel?

Either way, looking forward to watching this develop! Good luck!

Oh this is cool.. I love watching rebuild series. I know I've read here about issues with retrofitting CCBs on a CT5BW which did not ship with CCBs due to ECU being programmed specifically for CCBs.

Looks like you replaced the stolen CCBs with steels, I wonder if there's an issue going from CCBs to steel?

Either way, looking for to watching this develop! Good luck!
I got the car with the steels (I guess they were kind enough to include at least something haha) Parts car is coming in today. Will be swapping out with the CCBs asap!

Unfortunately, the previous owner of the CT5 BW I'm rebuilding "stole" the carbon ceramic rotors and passenger front seat/rear seat set from my rebuild car. Never got a response after a few attempts to reach him

Well this post makes a lot more sense now

Well this post makes a lot more sense now
Yes it does! Wish I came across it before buying the car

Hey all,

I purchased the valet crashed (Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing Wrecked by Valet, Onboard Video Shows) CT5 Blackwing from an insurance auction. Ever since these came out, I knew I had to have one. The damage was just right and it had all the options I wanted.

Unfortunately, the previous owner of the CT5 BW I'm rebuilding "stole" the carbon ceramic rotors and passenger front seat/rear seat set from my rebuild car. Never got a response after a few attempts to reach him so I decided to pick up a parts car. I run an auto dismantling business and on occasion rebuild cars as well. We've parted out 3 CT4 Blackwings and rebuilt one! I finally picked up a CT5 BW for parts after a long wait.

Rebuild is well underway. Can't wait to finally get it running despite the major roadblocks. Corsa catback on the way. Excited to see where this build goes from here!
Are you The Parts Pros?

Yup, our warehouse is in Rancho Cordova, CA
Small world. What's up neighbor? We'll have to grab a beer. 🍻

The F!@#$% valet got his money's worth? The camera worked after that kiss? Dam!

Cool thread, good luck with it! Stay tuned folks! Must see TV!

Small world. What's up neighbor? We'll have to grab a beer. 🍻

Wow! Small world haha. Feel free to stop by whenever!

Wait, the picture you poste is the valet crashed 5BW? He took the aftermarket hood too?

I had a 2016 Chevrolet Cruze LT Premier. It was a fully loaded car. I bought it from the dealer as a leftover. The 2017's were arriving and they just wanted to get rid of it. They had it put aside as a loaner car for the Cadillac side of the dealership. Its sticker was 32k and I got it for 21-22k. It was a very nice car. My son gets rear ended by a teen female who was in a big hurry to get nowhere. The car needed a rear bumper and decklid. The trunk floor had minor damage, but the spare tire saved the day. The quarters were fine. This was at the height of Covid and I have USAA Insurance. My family has been in the auto body business for over 65 years. The insurance adjuster did not even come to look at the car. We just sent photos. They totalled the car. I was hoping to get 15k and they paid me 17.5k ! The car ended up at Copart Salvage Auction. I watched the car and it ended up selling for only $4000 !!!!! I was pissed that I did not take salvage on the car. We could have fixed the damage for less than 5k and had a perfect car again and pocket 12k. Someone got an easy fix and money maker on that auction.
The one that got away !

Attachments

• IMG_20200803_135619845_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200803_135619845_HDR.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 24
Wait, the picture you poste is the valet crashed 5BW? He took the aftermarket hood too?
Yes it is. Aftermarket hood was removed as well. That is common as insurance companies often don't cover aftermarket parts unless you add them to your policy.

Everybody was talking about that Savage Cadillac hood when the pictures got posted up. :ROFLMAO:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom