Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Clutch position switch

Ultrasport

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2024 adillac CT5-V Blackwing
Greetings,

I need to access the clutch position switch in my '24 5BW. I'm ASSUMING it's under the knee panel but I can't find any drawings. If anyone can confirm or better yet, tell me how to drop the knee panel, it would be very appreciated. I see a screw through the panel at each front edge but before using some force, I thought I'd ask. It appears from the information I have been able to find, that the switch has three wires. Does anyone know if it's a Hall Effect switch or simply a NO/NC switch that is used to read pedal position and notify if the clutch is depressed to shut off the cruise control and allow starting?

Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Steve

Well, to answer my own question.... the panel is held by a screw at each front corner and is fastened by two studs that extend from the firewall at the front. The switch is VERY difficult to get to as it is against the left bulkhead and you can BARELY get to the wires. It turns out the switch is NOT a simple NO/NC switch but rather, is on the network and disconnecting it results is a code and check engine light.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Steve

After considerable study, it appears that the best interrupt point is probably the starter relay. I have a couple on order to modify and make sure the system works. The design auto sets whenever the car is turned off so the car CAN NOT be started until reset. I am not designing this to market so don't be looking for a product, just want to protect MY BW from disappearing. BTW, my car is a six-speed so no worries about remote start not working.

Using the starter relay as the interrupt point does NOT set any codes. Part of the problem with the clutch switch is it is on the network and it sets a PERMANENT code when it was off the network. Permanent meant a check engine light and several cycles before the CEL went off and it could be cleared with a scan tool so that wasn't idea,l.

Steve

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners