Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Anyone installed the Anderson carbon fiber hood on their BW ?

FLYARMY

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
I'm thinking about installing this hood on my 5BW. Has anyone bought this yet ? Any issues with installation ?

Oh, so that's where the Freedom Garage giveaway car got that hood. When I first traded in my V3 for the 5 BW, I missed the hood louvers, but I have so say now I find them odd on the BW. But that's just me. You should do whatever makes you happy with YOUR money :)

I read or heard somewhere else the hood is actually very similar to the previous V. Fitment was a little funny up near the corner nearest the side mirror.

I did not know there was another CF hood out there. The Florida Cadillac dealer that was offering them was just a wrap anyway - it was 'glass under the CF fabric. This one appears to be all CF. What was the bit about using hood pins instead of the factory hydraulic lifts ?

Very anxious to get others' reaction that have installed it.

Is there any reason to get one other than possibly a pretty trivial weight loss? Don

There's the excitement of waiting to see if sub-optimizing the airflow the engineers designed might impact your engine cooling or braking on a track! Maybe it will, maybe it won't. Who knows?!?

I really like the hood. However, I’d likely paint match the entire hood with exception of the vent area which I’d leave carbon. Lot of $ just to have that vent look but man it’s aggressive looking!

Love the vent look. At the very least it’s a throwback to the past V’s. If I end up keeping my 5 long term I’d seriously consider getting one and getting it paint matched

I was just wondering if the factory hinges are a direct fitment. I would first just bolt everything on and run it for a while with just carbon fiber . I would also look into blacking out my roof and trunk lid. I would do it on an iPad to see how it looks. Second, I would also paint the hood white and leave the vents carbon fiber. I just think these cars would look better with an aggressive hood.

How do you say "sport compact" without saying sport compact? Just say no to modding a BW, and get off my lawn!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one that considers CF just like any other raw material - it should be covered up with paint !!

I like the shape and style, but the way it accentuates the painted strip between the hood and grill is dreadful. Now the same hood, in metal, painted to match the car, that would be very tempting.

I like the look of the vent in the center hood. However, the requirements for the heat shielding and hood pins are show stoppers for me. And as 668LT4 said, the paint strip between the hood and the grill pretty much forces you to paint the hood to make it look right.

Really what we need is someone to make a CF hood vent that can be installed by cutting an opening into the existing hood.

I like the shape and style, but the way it accentuates the painted strip between the hood and grill is dreadful. Now the same hood, in metal, painted to match the car, that would be very tempting.
A strip of carbon fiber wrap material would make it look better. The wrap I have on my ride looks exactly like clear coated carbon fiber.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom